Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ?? Any Suggestions on Quilt Pattern for Old Clothes quilt?

I have been commissioned to make a quilt using shirts and pants which I am in the process of cutting up. My dilemma is what type of pattern would anyone suggest I use for this. It will be a lap quilt and of course there is limited fabric of each color but I have around a dozen nice pieces of clothing. The lady died of cancer and the DIL is having it made for the lady's hubby which is her FIL

Blog Entries
    Depends on the use. Will it be a bed quilt or a wall hanging. A wall hanging may be perfect to use many of different fabrics

She wants it as a lap quilt for him.

The 10 minute block is a nice, easy way to use a lot of random fabrics, but still have some sense of order. I recently started one using a bunch of shirts I've collected from the thrift store and it's coming together so fast and it looks like I did much more work than I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTHlGGKMPM

I have done the 10 minute block. Did you use smaller pieces than the 10" I don't have a lot of 10" pieces. This lady wore a size 0 to 2

You can use any size you want. I'm using 5 1/2 inch squares. Which gives me 10.5 inch blocks.

You can also use bigger/smaller squares in the center. It's all about the look you're going for. Here is my WIP. By the time it's done it will have about 20 different fabrics.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I really like it. It looks so patchwork but I know how easy those blocks are. They definitely don't look easy though. Thanks so much for sharing your pix.

That is really neat.... thanks for showing yours...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa
    You can use any size you want. I'm using 5 1/2 inch squares. Which gives me 10.5 inch blocks.

You can also use bigger/smaller squares in the center. It's all about the look you're going for. Here is my WIP. By the time it's done it will have about 20 different fabrics.
    OMGoodness, I'm beginning to feel really old. I remember when that was called a demensional bow tie block.

Blog Entries
    Love the colors in your quilt. I couldn't believe how fast the 10-minute blocks went together. I used 10.5 blocks and before I knew it, the quilt top was done.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast