Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
any suggestions where to go for fabric >

any suggestions where to go for fabric

any suggestions where to go for fabric

Old 03-14-2011, 05:01 AM

well im headed to KY this weekend with an old childhood friend...we are going to visit another childhood friend...
any body got any suggestions of places to go to check out fabric?
gonna be between lexington and louisville ky...thnx for the input
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 AM

Maybe you could swing through the Lancaster show at the end of the week on your way south.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by redturtle
well im headed to KY this weekend with an old childhood friend...we are going to visit another childhood friend...
any body got any suggestions of places to go to check out fabric?
gonna be between lexington and louisville ky...thnx for the input

I would do a google search for Kentucky quilt shops as there are several in the surrounding areas.

The following is a quilt shop located in Louisville that is quite nice. The name of the shop is "Among Friends Quilt Shop" and the following is their phone and website address:

P: 502-261-7377
E: http://amongfriendsquiltshop.com/

I would then research their shop's webpages. If you check out their events pages you may find a shop hop listed. From the shop hop event you may find a listing of participating stores in the area. I would also call or email those stores for information. I would also be sure to double check by calling any store you might wish to visit. They may have different store hours or the store may no longer be in business. This would prevent valuable loss of precious time to shop. Also if a particular store shows that it is closed on the particular day you wish to be visiting by calling and talking with the owner or manager they may be willing to open the store as you're from out of town. "It nevers hurts to ask" is my motto!

Good luck with your trip and shop visiting. We'll be waiting for a full report on your return. Have fun!

Pam M
Old 03-14-2011, 10:25 AM

Quilters Square,off Nicholasville Rd, Q For Quilts off Harrodsburg RD, and Sew A LOt in the Hamburg Shopping Center, plus Joanns and Hancocks(2) these are in Lexington
Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 PM

There are three quilt shops in Louisville. Happy Heart is the old timer and the owner is very nice. Among Friends is a nice shop. And Forget Me Not with very nice people and lovely fabrics. Of course there are two Hancock's and a JoAnn's in Louisville too.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:48 PM

Yep....that covers the Louisville shops pretty well. North of Louisville in Lagrange, KY (about 20 minutes outside of Louisville) is my LQS "The Gathering Room". They specialize in Civil War and 30s fabrics. LOTS of Civil war fabrics!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 AM

And out I64 west at the Edwardsville exit is the Quilting Bee, great place. If you want to go farther Hollyhock in in Corydon.