Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anybody own an (old) Viking Designer 1 Machine? >

Anybody own an (old) Viking Designer 1 Machine?

Anybody own an (old) Viking Designer 1 Machine?

Old 06-29-2015, 05:48 AM

I found with the viking 1+, I know it is a different machine but is about the same age, You cannot do anything with out having windows 96. Hope that is not the same for your machine. I would check into it before purchasing a floppy drive. I found out the hard way
Old 06-29-2015, 06:44 AM

I've had my D1 since 2000 and now use it only for regular sewing. Bad news is my screen is starting to go out on it. I can open up to choose a stitch I want but can not go down to the adjusting of that stitch. Seems the screen has shifted downward a bit. Still sews like a champ though and I use it mostly for piecing quilts. Hasn't been in for cleaning in 4 years either but I do keep the bobin area clean of lint. Also just found out my bobbin winder I received with my Innova will wind the empty NEB bobbins so I don't have to purchase the green ones used by the D1. I use Embird to transfer my designs to a floppy when I do need to use the D1 for a larger design such as when needing the mega-hoop. My computer no longer has a floppy drive but my Babylock came with one for some reason I can't figure out since it uses a USB drive. Oh well all works for me. Still love my D1 and it can sew thru 8 layers of blue jeans. Ask me how I know.