Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anybody use the TrueCut Rotary Blade sharpener?

Has anyone used this before? There was a post on here before about an electric sharpener, but I never did see how it worked for her.
    Connecting threads has it on sale right now, so I wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/too...r__D81995.html

No, have never used a sharpener. But I buy my rotary blade cutters at the hardware store for $1 apiece and they last a whole lot longer than the quilting ones.

Blog Entries
    I have one but haven't had chance to use it. I bought a boatload of Harbor Freight's blades and not one is dull yet! :hunf: I want to try it out so badly!

I saw that online and was wondering the same thing. Of course, I'm a Harbour Freight blade person and they are remarkable. Wish they came in the larger size.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald46
    I saw that online and was wondering the same thing. Of course, I'm a Harbour Freight blade person and they are remarkable. Wish they came in the larger size.
    Where do you get the Harbour Freight blades? I bought a new rotary cutter a couple of months ago and the blade is already dull. :shock: :)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
    Where do you get the Harbour Freight blades? I bought a new rotary cutter a couple of months ago and the blade is already dull. :shock: :)
    You get the carpet cutter blades (HF, knows them as carpet cutter replacement blades) (rotary cutter blades-for sewers and quilters) at Harbor Freight Tools.

Additional information and your nearest store location can be found at:
    www. harborfreight .com (take out the spaces)

Pam M

Quote Originally Posted by milp04
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowQuilt
    You get the carpet cutter blades (HF, knows them as carpet cutter replacement blades) (rotary cutter blades-for sewers and quilters) at Harbor Freight Tools.

Additional information and your nearest store location can be found at:
    www. harborfreight .com (take out the spaces)

Pam M
    Thank you very much I will be going this weekend. :)

I have one and I can't remember the last time I put a new blade in my rotary cutter. I just love it. It has sure saved me a lot of money, even after the initial investment. But you can't let your blade get dull dull. I sharpen my blade when I have cut out a couple of projects and away I go again.

I was wondering the same thing...might have to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiziedo
    I have one and I can't remember the last time I put a new blade in my rotary cutter. I just love it. It has sure saved me a lot of money, even after the initial investment. But you can't let your blade get dull dull. I sharpen my blade when I have cut out a couple of projects and away I go again.
    Thank you! I will order it today!