Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else fallen in love with Laurel Burch? >

Anyone else fallen in love with Laurel Burch?

Anyone else fallen in love with Laurel Burch?

Old 01-03-2012, 01:36 PM

Me too, I have a tote full of her fabrics, and could always buy more, I have earrings, socks, a book of hers, also journals and papers and cards. Love her art. They will keep bringing out her stuff for years to come I would imagine. There was talk about bringing out some of her past fabrics new again. I also have a couple of yards of tapestry with the cats on it from her, I love it. It is fun to look at even if you don't use it and the panels are wonderful too.

Originally Posted by debbieumphress View Post
I have a shelf just for her fabrics....love them all. Even have them in yards, fq, and such. Also have about 10 pairs of her awesome socks which look like her fabrics, jewlery, books, coffee mug......so I guess I do love her work too. Glad her family is continuing her line.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Welcome to the group and your quilt is quite cute. A good way to show off her art work for sure.

Originally Posted by Quossum View Post
Hi, I'm new here!

Saw this thread and thought I'd show you this Burch quilt I made. It's one of the simplest quilts I've ever made, but I had to whip something up for an occasion, and this way the busy fabrics were showcased.

--Q
Old 01-03-2012, 01:41 PM

Very pretty quilt. I have never bought much of her Christmas fabrics and I love it too, just never have. I also have a tote and mugs of hers added to the prior things I mentioned on the thread.

Originally Posted by margaret53 View Post
Here is (I hope) a picture of a Laurel Burch quilt that I made a couple of Christmases ago for my sister-in-law. It was not too hard and turned out really nice.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM

I ordered the "Home Tweet Home" for part of my Christmas. I didn't know she's passed away. I have friends that salavate over her designs and I have seen a few that I really like, but until recently, just didn't bite the bullet for her paterns. Most friends say they are really difficult to do and they don't understand them...guess I'll go in as usual and plunge head first! That's the way I do....nothing is out of my reach, unless I allow it to be!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:32 PM

My daughter and I fell in love with Laurel's cats, I think about 20 years ago. At that time she had designed jewelry which was selling around the shopping malls. Of course, she went on to other things but since then I still have the earrings I bought, a large matted and framed cat print of hers as well as a quilt I made a few years ago for my daughter. I'm not sure who is following her to produce new things but they are a credit to her memory and her talent.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

I collect her fabric. It is to pretty to cut.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:19 AM

Here's a site that has loads of her things and they're having a huge sale! http://www.porterhousecrafts.com/cat...-n-scarves.htm
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 AM

Thanks for sharing. It's beautiful. I Love Laurel Burch art .Also read her Bio . She had a tuff road.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 AM

I have earrings, a coffee mug, a little fabric, and several bags by Laurel Burch. I fell in love with her art when I got into having cats as pets. I love her cat items. So sorry she is no longer with us.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:24 AM

I LOVE Laurel Burch - the joy and vibrancy of her designs are an instant smile whenever I see one of them. I have many of her fabrics, when I heard she had died, I was afraid to cut any of them, but now that I know her designs will continue to be sold, I will not hoard the ones I have. I was beginning to feel like Gollum, stroking them and saying "My precioussssss!"