Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Anyone else fallen in love with Laurel Burch?

I finally bought Laurel Burchs Kindred Creatures! But-there is NO pullout pattern section!
    I bought a new book, afraid if I bought a used book I would not get the patterns.
    NOT, my new book does not have the pattern pullout section. Of course
    the missing patterns have the two best designs in the book.
    I have waited to years to finally buy this book. Now no patterns.
    I bought from Amazon.com, books can only be returned if they are damaged.
    I am so disappointed. Afraid if I do try to return the book I will end up without a book alltogether.
    I haven't decided what to do yet. I haven't read the book incase I do decide to return it.

I finally decided to purchase Laurel Burchs Kindred Creatures. I bought a new book, concerned a used book would not have the patterns. Well, my new book does not have the pullout pattern section.
    Two of the best designs don't have any patterns. I checked Amazon.coms return policy, they said books can only be returned if they are damaged because of their pkg. I am so dissapointed. Trying to decide weather to go ahead and return the book anyway. But if I order another book, who's to say I won't get another book without the pattern pullout section. If you have purchased this book, does it have the patterns? I wonder how C&T can publish a quilt book and not include the patterns? I called C&T and she said they haven't published this book in awhile. Either way the book was still published incomplete in my opinion. Surely I am not the only one to get a book without the patterns.(?)
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Love, love your Laurel Burch Xmas quilt!

Blog Entries
    LOVE her fabric - mostly solids and more subtle prints. I have bought so many of them and they make me happy just to see them. DH also loves the vibrant colors. Have never used her patterns but I like to just make up my own appliques with her fabric. eBay has a very nice assortment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kathryn Bishburg
    Traditionally-built Norwegian lady

Cute quilt, Laurels fabrics are good enough to eat. LOL

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6