Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone ever been on a quilting cruise? >

Anyone ever been on a quilting cruise?

Anyone ever been on a quilting cruise?

Old 04-08-2015, 05:58 AM

Cool Anyone ever been on a quilting cruise?

This looks like it would be fun, wondering if anyone else has done something like this?

http://www.craftours.com/trips/?page=Canada_0915
Old 04-08-2015, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

I had wanted a friend to go with me on a Midwest tour. but our schedules didn't work out. I would think it would be fun to visit QS that are not local. Shop till you drop! But I wouldn't want to go on a cruise. I get seasick too easily on anything but a sailboat. They are also a little on the pricey side.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

What I don't like is the teachers have all expenses paid. The other cruise members that do not take the cruise for the quilting pay less for the same thing. The quilting class pays for the teachers expenses. ?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 AM

I've been on a couple...choose one that has well- known teachers who will teach you something you don't know already. I enjoyed meeting the other quilters as well as the cruise itself.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:04 AM

I went on a cruise to Alaska with Pat Campbell, just before she had her stroke. I usually do tours that are related to quilting. ThAt way you see the sites and get to shop and be with other quilters. If you would like the name of the tour group just connect with me.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:47 AM

Sounds like fun!

I'm thinking the Bahamas or Greek Islands...
Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
What I don't like is the teachers have all expenses paid. The other cruise members that do not take the cruise for the quilting pay less for the same thing. The quilting class pays for the teachers expenses. ?
That would be expected. After all, they are working. Would you expect them to pay to work?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

That's not what I mean. I think the quilters should get the same price as non quilting passengers and the cruise ship pay the teachers expenses, not up the price for the quilting cruise. The fact that 30 - 60 quilters sign up for the cruise should be more then enough to warrant the teacher fee not be included in each ticket. The last cruise my friend was on there was space left in the class and it was open to other passengers. The ones that did not pay as much for their ticket got the same three days of class as she did and she paid much more.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
That's not what I mean. I think the quilters should get the same price as non quilting passengers and the cruise ship pay the teachers expenses, not up the price for the quilting cruise. The fact that 30 - 60 quilters sign up for the cruise should be more then enough to warrant the teacher fee not be included in each ticket. The last cruise my friend was on there was space left in the class and it was open to other passengers. The ones that did not pay as much for their ticket got the same three days of class as she did and she paid much more.
My suspicion about this is that the organizer reserves a certain number of rooms at a certain price and ups the price because he wants to give the quilter teachers their rooms for free plus probably pay them (I'd imagine). I doubt the problem is the cruise line itself....it's the organizers of the groups. At least that is what I think. They are the ones making the extra profit there.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:48 PM

When a booking is sold, every 7th person should go free. That in mind, several people should go free including the teachers, the one who does the booking, etc. That is how some travel agents get to go free and take guests. Of course, repeat passengers get deals all the time. Just to let you know.