Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone familiar with this quilt?

Question Anyone familiar with this quilt?

A question was asked yesterday about a quilt, while at the site I stopped and admired the quilt on the top of the page, it is lovely. Here is the link again, anyone know what it is? She has her site...sweet p quilting writtten on it. Thanks. http://sweetp-paulette.blogspot.com/...ers-dream.html

Blog Entries
    it Rob Peter to Pay Paul and quilter's cache has a free pattern here http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RobPe...PaulBlock.html
    Nancy in western NY

Thank you, have to look at your link. The colors she has used are quite eye catching. Hmm..something else to think about. If I sewed and cleaned as much as I think of both of them, I would have tons of jobs done around here!

Blog Entries
    Here's one just posted today on the picture forum:
    Appliqued girl's quilt now quilted!
    She used sashing to separate the blocks, and from the title, it looks like she appliqued the blocks rather than piecing them.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    also known as orange peel. can be made with circles too. circle magic by brandys quilts shows a ruler with square marking inside a circle. the "flaps" of the circle are sewn together and folded down and stitched. can be done hard or easy way.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I ditto the orange peel name.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

If you check out this website, you can get the ruler to make this quilt the really easy way. This is one of the easiest quilt-as-you-go patterns around. http://www.chiptaylor.com/ttlmnp4345-.cfm

If you start out with a large white square and a large 4patch, you can make this quilt using her ruler and instructions. Just position the ruler over your 4patch as in the diagram I've made. You end up with quarter square triangles on the back of the quilt.
    Name:  Circle Quilt.jpg
Views: 2480
Size:  57.5 KB

I've always known this pattern as orange peel.

Quote Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
    If you check out this website, you can get the ruler to make this quilt the really easy way. This is one of the easiest quilt-as-you-go patterns around. http://www.chiptaylor.com/ttlmnp4345-.cfm

If you start out with a large white square and a large 4patch, you can make this quilt using her ruler and instructions. Just position the ruler over your 4patch as in the diagram I've made. You end up with quarter square triangles on the back of the quilt.
    Name:  Circle Quilt.jpg
Views: 2480
Size:  57.5 KB
    Will take a look at this ruler on the website. Thank you!