Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone get any good deals at the Keepsake Tent Sale this weekend? >

Anyone get any good deals at the Keepsake Tent Sale this weekend?

Anyone get any good deals at the Keepsake Tent Sale this weekend?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:55 PM

Hi,
Just curious...how did some of you make out?
I went up after a school function this morning and regretted not waiting for the afternoon to go. Saw some great stuff and found some yarn on sale I just loved for a new pattern I got this spring. BUT. The lines were really long, due to the time, and I got impatient, hungry and tired of standing in the sun without moving. (Picked the wrong line). So, my solution was to come home and place an online order to Patternworks (sister store for knitting). Found yarn I loved even more so it wasn't a total bust. Glad Keepsake had great weather this year - remember some weekends where it poured. Next year, I better pick a better time to go or store up some extra patience. (Normally, I am a very patient person).
:)lots2do
Old 06-04-2011, 01:26 PM

It can be very miserable standing and waiting in the hot sun. It makes the bargin seem not worth it. Maybe next year it will be cooler and less crowded at the time you can go.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:05 PM

I was there Friday at 6:30am and was at the stair/bend in the porch. Normally when I arrive I am close to the end of the porch. I was glad I wore sunscreen and a pullover. Brrrr, 45* when I got there. I got some nice pretties under the tent but my most fun was the make your own scrap bags and chatting. :thumbup: The auction was fun although I didn't bid on anything.

piney
Old 06-05-2011, 05:24 AM

Glad you found some nice things, pinecone. Someday, I'll have to take a personal day and experience the sale on Friday!
eastermarie - thanks for your kind words.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:40 AM

Got up at 4 in Andover, NH, at the sale by 5 am and was 35th in line. Got into the tent in the first wave. I thought the prices were high this year. Seems in the past I have bought kits, even tho I didn't want to make that specific quilt, but liked the fabric, and paid 25-40 dollars. This year, no kits less than $55 and if you do the math, the yardage in them was $7-8/yard. Still had great deals on cut yardage, tho, paid $3.99 for batiks. Found good deals on some stuff - well hidden amoung all the rest. Overall bought 27plus yards of fabric. Decided not to got the second day - my budget is happy!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by paulswalia
...Overall bought 27plus yards of fabric. Decided not to got the second day - my budget is happy!
I hear you. My wallet is a little on the skinny side (unlike me :? ) . I have just finished ironing my new stash and have yet to add up the yardage.

piney
Old 06-05-2011, 12:53 PM

I would love to go some year.