Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
anyone get this line and feel like you've been slapped? >

anyone get this line and feel like you've been slapped?

anyone get this line and feel like you've been slapped?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

So, I make comfort quilts for children's hospital. Got hit by the "Oh I don't have time, I work." comment..
My face still stings after that. Felt like I was slapped.

If I could work, I would !! Was really nice and told this woman, "OK, but I do have time. "

hmmm.. in the dumps today.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Don't let her comments live rent free in your head. They were thoughtless. Literally. She just didn't THINK. The world is full of people who don't THINK before they talk. Take the high road, and smile. Make your day a good one.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:02 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Originally Posted by tjradj
Don't let her comments live rent free in your head. They were thoughtless. Literally. She just didn't THINK. The world is full of people who don't THINK before they talk. Take the high road, and smile. Make your day a good one.
wise words.. "Don't let her comments live rent free in your head" I really like that.. and yes, not malisious, just thoughtless.
Thanks.
should look at my signature.. Laughing is inner jogging !
Old 03-22-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by chairjogger
So, I make comfort quilts for children's hospital. Got hit by the "Oh I don't have time, I work." comment..
My face still stings after that. Felt like I was slapped.

If I could work, I would !! Was really nice and told this woman, "OK, but I do have time. "

hmmm.. in the dumps today.
Do not let that bother you. You are doing a blessed thing that others cannot do. Think of all those children who would not have a comfort quilt without YOU!!!! You are touching so many lives. :thumbup: Feel good about being where you are today. If God meant for you to have a job, He would do something about it. Right now He wants you right where you are!!!! :thumbup:
Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 PM

I'm more sore after a day of quilting than I am after removing & installing 200 computers. I work a lot harder on my own projects than I ever did punching a clock.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:07 PM

I understand How you feel I am unable to work because of a back injury I look at quilting as my job my chance to give back and feel like I am part of society again your job is to quilt you get paid in gratitude which is worth so much more.and look at it this way you get to do what you love to do how many people can say that?!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:08 PM

"I work", oh pleeeeeeeese. I used to tell people I had a job because it was way harder and way more work to stay at home!

You could always say, "Oh, so you work outside the home, good for you!"
Old 03-22-2011, 08:11 PM

You will be blessed for your efforts in making the childrens comfort quilts. She will not receive blessings for being rude. I love the comment about not letting her comments live rent free in your head. It is good advice.

Sorry for your experience. But really admire the way you answered her. You may not be receiving a pay check of money but you are doing good work. Thanks for what you are doing.

Glad you were nice, I'm not sure I would of been, I would of said...

I worked as a concrete mixer driver, 8 to 15 hours a day 6 days a week..but because I fell off my mixer truck I cracked 5 ribs, had to have surgery on my arm and hurt my lower back which now I can no longer do that kind of a job...

Now I have time to quilt...(anything else to say)???

FREE Quilting Newsletter