Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone Had a RUDE Hancock Store Manager? >

Anyone Had a RUDE Hancock Store Manager?

Anyone Had a RUDE Hancock Store Manager?

Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM

I only have two more thoughts on the topic. One, when I lived in Maryland we had a honkin HUGE Hancocks that had everything, lovely fabric for clothing and quilts, drapes...I MISS IT...It closed....
Second, perhaps we should email corporate, just share our experience, and maybe they could care less, but quilters are a substantial purchase group....And I like to bitch.... I am not looking for coupons, just to let them know we notice... It's free and easy to smile and be friendly....I think they drug the employees....On the flip side, we have a very nice quilt shoppe locally and the owner is a bitch..lovely fabric, hardly ever on sale, .She is only looking to sell sewing machines.... <sigh>
Ellen
Old 01-06-2010, 06:55 PM

Being in retail sales for over 50 years, I hate to hear something like this. When I am treated wrongly in a store for no apparent reason, I contact the owner, or in this case, the home office, and log a complaint. When we owned own own business (Video Store), I always wanted to know when one of my employees was not using good customer service. I could not be everywhere and it was very important to me to offer the best service (politely) that we could. Most owners or CEO's want to know what their patrons think. After all, if not for the customers that purchase our products, we would not be in business or make a profit.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by quiltwiz
Being in retail sales for over 50 years, I hate to hear something like this. When I am treated wrongly in a store for no apparent reason, I contact the owner, or in this case, the home office, and log a complaint. When we owned own own business (Video Store), I always wanted to know when one of my employees was not using good customer service. I could not be everywhere and it was very important to me to offer the best service (politely) that we could. Most owners or CEO's want to know what their patrons think. After all, if not for the customers that purchase our products, we would not be in business or make a profit.
I think the problem lies with the younger generation - they grow up feeling they are entitled and don't understand the benefit of going the "extra mile."
Old 01-06-2010, 08:47 PM

I dont think there is such a thing as good customer service anymore.They should have honored the coupon...since, you went in and spent the $100 and they gave YOU the coupon, then how ELSE would you have gotten one??? DUHHHH...do they think you went and printed it out yourself???? You spent the money, they GAVE you the coupon...now..they should have HONORED what THEY did...simple as that. But, I repeat, no such thing as good customer service OR honor.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM

Last year I had several occasions the clerks were poorly trained, dissatisfied. They made mistakes on charging for items, always over pricing and then not able to credit me without filling out tuns of paperwork and time. I was really blow away when out of the blue, a cashier started telling me what a terrible place it was to work, complaining about her $8 hr wages. I rarely go there anymore!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM

I have had problems with my local Hancocks. Never enough help, won't answer questions, have an "I don't care" attitude. Two different times I have left items in a buggy and just walked off.

I have visited a Hancocks out of state and the experience was wonderful.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky
Last year I had several occasions the clerks were poorly trained, dissatisfied. They made mistakes on charging for items, always over pricing and then not able to credit me without filling out tuns of paperwork and time. I was really blow away when out of the blue, a cashier started telling me what a terrible place it was to work, complaining about her $8 hr wages. I rarely go there anymore!!!
This is why I don't shop at K-Mart, the employees always complain to me about how much they hate working there. I'm always blown away that they would speak to a customer about it. When I told my hubby, he didn't believe me and we went there and while buying a small boom box (needed a tape player) the lady checking us out began to tell us how much she hated working there. I just had to laugh at the look on my hubby's face!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiffany
This is why I don't shop at K-Mart, the employees always complain to me about how much they hate working there.
Tiffany they closed all of the K-marts in my town. They were all very messy and not well maintained and the customer service stunk. My wife thinks they ended up closing 5 stores total here.

Billy
Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 AM

Guess I'm just lucky; the Wallyworld in the next town still has fabric, though ours doesn't.

Hancocks--bought backing fabric there 10-12 yrs ago and it ran in the wash. Never went back till 4 yrs ago, when we moved, and the closest LQS is 30 miles away. Now, when we go to the next state, I get to go to Hancocks and shop. Been treated very good there, no problems with clerks or quality so far.

No excuse for poor or missing customer service-something needs to be done about it.