Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone has issues with ordering through Craft Connections?? >

Anyone has issues with ordering through Craft Connections??

Anyone has issues with ordering through Craft Connections??

Old 02-20-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
They are one of my favorite suppliers and their customer service is a big reason why. Sorry you have run into trouble, but perhaps you should see if you can find whatever it is you wanted somewhere else and cancel with Craft Connection this time. I've never intentionally ordered something that was out of stock anywhere.
My mom is upset because I haven't made her a quilt yet (and please, I've only FINISHED about 7 quilts), so I found a German shepherd pattern (she has 3) and was going to use that to make a quilt. I had no luck finding anything else that was a German shepherd :( How cute is this?? http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Ta...roductID=16041
Old 02-22-2010, 04:59 AM

That is a wicked cool pattern, Lucy! Definitely worth waiting for. I did find several shops that carry other Sharon Malec patterns and books and one other that actually has three of the german shepherd pattern in stock right now. If Craft Connection continues to delay their ETA, you might consider canceling and going with Desert Rose instead. http://www.desertrosequiltshop.com/c...es=0&lastmenu=
Old 02-22-2010, 06:24 AM

That is a wicked cool pattern, Lucy! Definitely worth waiting for. I did find several shops that carry other Sharon Malec patterns and books and one other that actually has three of the german shepherd pattern in stock right now. If Craft Connection continues to delay their ETA, you might consider canceling and going with Desert Rose instead. http://www.desertrosequiltshop.com/c...es=0&lastmenu=
Wow, you're good. Thank you!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
... but it bugs me that 1) they changed the ETA significantly without bothering to notify me and 2) they won't respond to my emails.
Just out of curiosity... if you go their site now, and look at the product, have they updated the ETA there? Or is it still saying that it's due in January?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
... but it bugs me that 1) they changed the ETA significantly without bothering to notify me and 2) they won't respond to my emails.
Just out of curiosity... if you go their site now, and look at the product, have they updated the ETA there? Or is it still saying that it's due in January?
When I first bought it, it just said "out of stock". The email confirmation they sent me said 1/6 or whatever. I went on their website and there was an ETA of end of February.

This might be me as the lazy consumer, but I would've liked an email when that changed. I'm happy to wait, as long as I'm aware of it. Kinda like in a Mexican restaurant, if they give me water, chips, and salsa, I can wait 10 minutes before they take my order happily. When I'm there more than a few minutes with no water, chips, or salsa, I get impatient. It's one of those acknowledging the consumer type things.

I did get an email from, I would assume, the owner. She said they've had issues with snow storms, car accidents, surgeries, etc, and apologized. She said they just got the pattern in and are shipping today. I feel a little bad for getting so annoyed about not hearing from them with all that stuff going on... all's well that ends well, I guess. I'm just glad the pattern is on its way.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Gah! And 3 weeks later, still not here. No charge on my credit card. Serious thumbs down for this website. Giving them one last chance before I go to Desert Rose...
Old 03-11-2010, 05:02 AM

Have you contacted them? They are showing two in stock now, so they may have cancelled your order without your knowing it. Some places cancel backorders if they go beyond a certain length of time, but I don't know what Craft Connection's specific policy is on that.

I'd call (or email) and ask about the status of the order placed on (date) for (item). If they say it was cancelled and ask if you want to reorder, I'd tell them no and go to Desert Rose. Calling is better in this case, imo. Desert Rose still shows three in stock, btw. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:46 AM

Have you contacted them? They are showing two in stock now, so they may have cancelled your order without your knowing it. Some places cancel backorders if they go beyond a certain length of time, but I don't know what Craft Connection's specific policy is on that.

I'd call (or email) and ask about the status of the order placed on (date) for (item). If they say it was cancelled and ask if you want to reorder, I'd tell them no and go to Desert Rose. Calling is better in this case, imo. Desert Rose still shows three in stock, btw. Good luck!
Going to call today. I had emailed with her a few weeks ago, she said so sorry, it will ship today, and then haven't heard from her since. No package and no charge on my CC. I'm fine if she canceled my order, just let me know. I don't want to end up with 2 of this pattern, ya know? Especially since I'm not supposed to be spending $$ in the first place :oops: :D