Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have the Little Gracie II frame? >

Anyone have the Little Gracie II frame?

Anyone have the Little Gracie II frame?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 PM

Default Anyone have the Little Gracie II frame?

I have a Little Gracie II frame with a Juki TL 98 Q. I bought it used 3 years ago. I've made quite a few quilts with it. In the last couple of years I've replaced the plastic tracks twice. Although, I don't see any cracks in the plastic the carriage does not glide smoothly in a certain place. Which causes problems as I quilt. Does anyone else have this problem? Can you replace the plastic track with something else? Like metal? Or would that be loud and cause more problems since the wheels on the carriage are metal? Is it that I tighten the quilt top too tightly on the rail? I can't seem to figure this out. Frustrating!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:56 PM

If you join some of the quilting groups on Yahoo, you will find some answers. Some people are removing the plastic tracks and buying (I think the size is 1/4 inch) welding rods the length of the frame and inserting them into the groove the track snaps on. I haven't had to do that, but when my tracks start causing problems, I will do that. I have the same combo you have. If you need the names of some of the groups, PM me and I'll send them to you. I can't remember which ones exactly have talked about that, but I can check and see.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:19 PM

From what I've read, those who have used the stainless steel rods have been very pleased with them.

I have the same frame which I bought used in late December. So far I don't have a machine for it, and have been debating between the Juki and possibly a stitch regulator or getting a 13" Bailey for about the same amount of money. Any suggestions from the two of you? Have you've been happy with the Juki? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:35 PM

We have same problem too. Gets to certain place & it it hard to guide. It dowsn't do it if no quilt on rack.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:33 PM

I'm very pleased with my Juki, but when I get to retire in 3 years, I do want a larger throat. For now, I'm happy!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:52 AM

What would you/anyone consider a fair price for the setup that you have with the Gracie/Juki TL 98Q? I recently saw one for sale...it wasn't very old, but because of all the recommendations on this board, and discussions of this particular combination/setup, this is the one I've put on my wish list. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 AM

I bought my Little Gracie II frame & Juki from Craig's List for $1100. That's been almost 3 years ago. It came with a speed control (which is not a stitch regulator), pattern perfect templates, and had the leader cloths. She also threw in some needles, lots of bobbins and QuiltCad software. I did recently replace the plastic tracks because I had a problem with cracking. I like the steel rods. I've quilted a small quilt & a couple bed runners with them and so far...so good. I would love to have a bigger throat space machine and one day when I can afford to I would like to upgrade. But, I'll keep my Juki TL 98Q for piecing. It has been a work horse! I've quilted a lot quilts with this set up. I've seen them go from 1000 to 2500 depending on what is included. I wish I had a stitch regulator, but they seem pretty expensive.