Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have this pattern? >

Anyone have this pattern?

Anyone have this pattern?

Old 07-09-2011, 05:32 PM

http://www.reocities.com/pcpiecers/fppineapple6.html

I think this might be the block
Old 07-09-2011, 05:47 PM

The last two will definitely get me where I need to go. Thank you so much! When she said she wanted a black quilt I kind of cringed but then she found this one and I was relieved. I thought it was very pretty and she promised she wouldn't outgrow it. I have 10 grandchildren and 3 of them have requested quilts this summer. I told them maybe they would get them by the time they graduated from high school. The oldest one is 9. Maybe I have time to get them all done. Ann
Old 07-09-2011, 05:52 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by ncredbird
I know how to make pineapple quilts but notice that in this one the triangles on each corner get larger as they go outward from the center.
That's actually just an optical illusion in the Pineapple in the link above). Those corner triangles are all the exact same size.
It is a pineapple block, but a different version.

The diagram below is the standard pineapple, and the corners DO get larger. But you can see there are no points until the last round.

eta: And it looks like this is the same as the quilt photo above. The trick is just laying out the colors for each block.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223853.bmp  
Old 07-09-2011, 06:02 PM
MTS
Banned

Here's a block colored like the quilt pic above:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223878.bmp  
Old 07-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
That's actually just an optical illusion in the Pineapple in the link above). Those corner triangles are all the exact same size.

The diagram below is the standard pineapple, and the corners DO get larger. But you can see there are no points until the last round.

eta: And it looks like this is the same as the quilt photo above. The trick is just laying out the colors for each block.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you said, but the triangles in the quilt pictured above that the OP is looking for definitely get larger. It's not an illusion.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MTS
Here's a block:
Wow! that sure changes the look!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:16 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Originally Posted by MTS

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you said, but the triangles in the quilt pictured above that the OP is looking for definitely get larger. It's not an illusion.
You did misunderstand.

I was not referring to the picture, but to the link posted upthread - as I stated. The triangles are NOT bigger.

The diagram I supplied matches the blocks in the quilt picture upthread. And they don't have triangles in the corners.

And here's that block in a layout. Of course, I'm using the same blocks over and over, where in the actual quilt, depending on how many colors, you really have to map it all out before you start.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223906.bmp  
Old 07-09-2011, 06:25 PM

I love this pattern. I think it will be extraordinary when done.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:36 AM

Gorgeous! And thank you for taking the time to do this. She wants it done in shades of blues and greens with a black background. I am going to try and see if she would agree to some yellow also. She says "Just promise me no pink". I may be forced to go out and buy some fabric. Fortunately the Knoxville Quilt show is this week so I should have plenty of choices. Thank you again, Ann