Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone have a Pfaff Tipmatic, older style?

Anyone have a Pfaff Tipmatic, older style?

I've found a used Pfaff Tipmatic 1047 with walking foot and 1/4 inch piecing foot for $100. It's been used moderately, but cared for. My sister in law is wanting to try quilting, and I'm thinking of buying it for her. Does anyone have one? Is it a good, reliable, easy to use machine? I know it's 25 to 30 years old, but I love my old Bernina that's about that age. Hoping this one will also be a charming hardworker that's easy to get along with.
    Some things have to be believed to be seen. -Ralph Hodgson-

I have one similar without the IDT. I bought it new in the 80's. It is still working great! I had it on my table top quilt frame for a couple years and it cranked out great quilts. I was offered $125.00 for it on a trade in, so I would say the one you are looking for is a great deal at $100. Go for it!

Sorry about the double post. QB is giving me fits today LOL!

I have a Pfaff that my husband bought me almost 30 years ago. I have sewn everything from baby clothes to quilts on it and it is still running like it was new. You can't beat the IDT. I don't think you will be disappointed.
    Marie

I don't think this model has the IDT, unfortunately.... But it does have a walking foot attachment, and that will be a great asset to my SIL. I remember trying to quilt for years without a walking foot, not knowing what I was missing. It will be nice for her to have it right from the start.
    Some things have to be believed to be seen. -Ralph Hodgson-

Blog Entries
    I'm sewing on a 1040 Tiptronic Pfaff and have been for about 12 years. I love it, it will do anything I tell it to....usually without hesitation. Go for it!
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

Blog Entries
    I bought a used Pfaff Varimatic, manual, with IDT about eight years ago. I think it's from the same time frame as the one you are looking at. I adore this machine.........I use it for table runners that I stitch in the ditch, handbags topstitching and attaching binding. I use another machine with more bells and whistles for piecing, but for heavy stitching I use my Pfaff.

Blog Entries
    I have the 1151 and love it... when I bought my new brother, I would not trade it in... it runs great... I just wanted some of these new things that the brother offered... like needle up or down, thread cut, etc...