Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Anyone have this problem?????

Wow Kelly I'm soo sorry you're having so much trouble!! But it really is an awesome block!! Let us know if you find anything else out. I was wondering...I blew the pic up...is there a a white print on the yellow?

Well, I would have suggested a white or light washcloth w/dishsoap. It can work wonders on that type of thing. I have a possessed iron and I have no idea if it gets build up on the edges even though it isn't noticeable and I get a surprised like that. This is how I remove it...and, I try to remember to clean the iron from time to time for no new surprises...oops...I better go do that right now-it's been awhile:))Skeat......who usually lands this mark on dh's white workshirt:))LOL

Lisa....yes there is a white print on the yellow material!

Well I guess miracles happen!!! All, but one of the silver stains came off in the wash! I used Spray and Wash Stain Stick on all the stains, but it in the wash on light load and it looks great! Wrinkled, but almost stain free.

The last stain in right in the middle, so I'm just going to put a button over it!

Thanks everyone for all the help!!!

Hugs

I'm glad things worked out well for you.

How frustrated you must of been.

That is a very pretty block.

KellyPA, you just invented a new technique with your ironing of the block. Anyone that can turn yellow into silver deserves an award. If it looks good and didn't actually hurt anything, heck, I'd iron all of them! :thumbup: In quilting I've learned to go with the flow.

Blog Entries
    I"m glad that worked out for you since the block is soo great! Its awful when something like that happens, I hadn't thought of ironing the wrong side first, but I will now.

The last stain in right in the middle, so I'm just going to put a button over it!
    This struck me as funny because everytime there is a boo boo on any handmade item, my girls always say, "We know, Mom. Just put a button on it!" I guess I have drilled that into their heads that most thiings can be fixed with a pretty button!

Great minds think alike!
    Susan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3