Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have a Viking Mega Quilter 9 & Next Generation? >

Anyone have a Viking Mega Quilter 9 & Next Generation?

Anyone have a Viking Mega Quilter 9 & Next Generation?

Old 11-04-2011, 05:59 AM

Default Anyone have a Viking Mega Quilter 9 & Next Generation?

I found a certified used Mega Quilter 9 on a Next Generation frame with stitch regulator for $1299.
Is this a good price and will 9" be enough for basic home quilting?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:21 AM

Hi.....I have one I bought that was a floor model at a store in Decatur, AL....drove 250 miles one way to pick it up cause it was such a good deal....it came with Cruise control and qbot and software. I know I will eventually probably want a longarm but hope this will suffice for now! So depending how much wear yours has, that could indeed be a good deal!! Just make sure it has everything with it. I got mine home and found I was missing some small but necessary things and now after two months of dealing with the owner of the store and getting a constant run around I have had to resort to dealing with Viking and Viking rep.... I am supposed to hear back something from them today but my patience has worn thin!!!!

LOl - guess that disnt help you any though on your decision! But, that does sound like a good deal.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 AM

Default yes

Originally Posted by quilterangela View Post
I found a certified used Mega Quilter 9 on a Next Generation frame with stitch regulator for $1299.
Is this a good price and will 9" be enough for basic home quilting?
If the machine is in good shape that should be a pretty good price. I have the Mega quilter; it only comes with a free motion and straight foot for 1200; I got mine on sale for 1000. To have the frame and regulator as well it sounds like a great deal. I'd try to get a warranty with it. That saved me when I bought the Viking #1 on ebay. The seller gave me a 2yr warranty and after trying for close to a yr to get it to sew right and the local repair couldn't find the parts I sent it to him and he's repairing it. then I'll sell it since I just got a new Ruby.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:09 PM

I Have the same outfit I bough about 7 months ago, Took the feeddogs out and I have the cruise control that came with it with some pano's paid 2000.00 for it. So that is a good deal. I love this outfit had no problems so far.