Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone here have a Nolting longarm? >

Anyone here have a Nolting longarm?

Anyone here have a Nolting longarm?

Old 07-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Default Anyone here have a Nolting longarm?

Okay, I know I am driving everyone crazy with all of the questions. But, how else is a gal supposed to find things out. I'm trying to decide which longarm to buy. It is such a huge decision. I don't want to mess up. So, tell me, does anyone here know much about or have a Nolting machine. I test drove one and I liked it. But, it seemed kinda plain compared to some of the other machines. Of course an old work horse don't look so hot up against a purebred filly either. So help me out here if you can.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:24 AM

I'll be watching the replies you get on this one. I too have tested the Nolting. Would love a long arm but not able to get one right now.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:46 AM

I have a Nolting Fun Quilter with a Stitch Regulator on a Nolting Steel Frame. It is a work horse. I love this machine. It has never failed me. A little oil, and she is ready to go. I guess it is a little plain, but my goodness, how it works. The customer service is excellent. I only call with questions. I call and get a real person to answer my questions. I don't think there is a better quilting machine out there.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

What do you mean by "kinda plain"? Did it not have the features/options that you want? Perhaps those features are available for Nolting, but weren't installed on that machine because they're options. I know that I bought my Innova without many of the features that are available - power lift and power advance, just to name a couple. Some people claim they can't live without those features, and others don't feel they are necessary.

Renae Haddadin from Quilts on the Corner wrote an article on how to choose a longarm machine. You can "purchase" it here - it's free but you have to click to download it. It might be helpful. http://www.quiltsonthecorner.com/inc/sdetail/1349