Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone know of a publication called TQPM - The Quilt Pattern Magazine? >

Anyone know of a publication called TQPM - The Quilt Pattern Magazine?

Anyone know of a publication called TQPM - The Quilt Pattern Magazine?

Old 06-14-2015, 11:26 PM

Default Anyone know of a publication called TQPM - The Quilt Pattern Magazine?

It's all digital and monthly, out of Arlington, TX. I have not subscribed, but looking at it and wondering if anyone has ever heard of it or has any experience with it. It's $16.95/yr, which isn't all that much, especially when you consider the cost of other publications out there.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:34 AM

I have never heard of it, but it sounds interesting, will be waiting to see what is said about this. I have decided not to buy any more quilting magazines as I always want to keep them and then don't really have a place for them.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:01 AM
Power Poster

I have been a subscriber since the first issue! In fact I've purchased gift subscriptions for quilty friends for Christmas. Great magazine! I love downloading and saving in a file the magazine and all the templates then going back when ready to print what I need. I've also tested patterns for them a few times. They encourage people to submit original designs. Everything about it is great! I have 3 years worth of monthly magazines in one folder on my computer instead of taking up tons of space and being lost/misplaced like paper magazines wind up
Old 06-15-2015, 01:05 AM

I have heard of it and subscribed. It's a good value as there are many patterns per issue. The focus quilter is beginner to intermediate. With the subscription is membership to their message board.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:21 AM

I subscribed for a year. At the time I was working on a computer full time, but now I am retired. It was $10 the 1st year. Still cheap to try. Just remember you have paper and ink cost if you want a pattern. I do read blogs. Have not completely embraced computer quilting yet. Too many UFOs. I guess I still enjoy paper magazines. Only subscribe to one now, but looking thru back issues of many others. Many "new" quilts are same patterns just different colors.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:13 AM
Power Poster

Be sure to backup your digital magazines on a memory stick just in case your computer croaks!!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Be sure to backup your digital magazines on a memory stick just in case your computer croaks!!
I save all digital pattern in an online cloud. I can access them from any computer anytime. I don't have to worry about losing them to a computer crash. I have all my photos taken with my phone sent to a cloud storage too. Sure saves time not having to download them to my computer for safe keeping. There are many cloud programs available and most have free storage up to a certain amount. I pay .99 a month for more storage then I can use from ICloud. Every image that is downloaded to my computer is auto saved in the online cloud. Every picture on my phone is auto saved. A must if you take a lot of pics of the grands!
Old 06-15-2015, 07:20 AM

Just so you understand - saving your stuff to a cloud is putting it on someone else's server. ICloud = Apple server. There will come the day when one of these servers will be hacked - oh wait, that has already happened. Not to say you shouldn't do iit but you need to be aware you are putting stuff in someone else hands. So weigh that against the convenience.

Best to back up to a stick or external hard drive and keep control over your own data.

As far as TQPM - I have subscribed since the beginning and have all the digital copies but will not be renewing. I have yet to make anything they have offered. They have come a long way since their beginning.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:39 AM

Thanks to all who replied... I'm still trying to decide, but at least I know it's not anything bogus now. You just never know these days!!! Again, thanks!!
Old 06-18-2015, 05:43 AM

I have it, in my second year. I love it!