Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where to purchase Jelly rolls fabric

at a reasonable price?...............Michele
    Thank you for your help !!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I buy alot of mine from Green Fairy Quilts, they have sales on them and I stock up. I have also purchased some from Missouri Star Quilt Company for a reasonable price.

Hi Michele,

I have had success, recently, with making my own jelly rolls. Just select your fabric, either from your stash or select and purchase. Cut the strips two and a half by forty, or other size, as desired. Place strips in the order you want them on the roll and roll up. This works well for me. Good luck, Kaye

Quote Originally Posted by NorseSal
    Hi Michele,

I have had success, recently, with making my own jelly rolls. Just select your fabric, either from your stash or select and purchase. Cut the strips two and a half by forty, or other size, as desired. Place strips in the order you want them on the roll and roll up. This works well for me. Good luck, Kaye
    I agree with NorseSal. Never found a Jelly Roll I considered a bargain, especially when it is so darn easy to make your own.

Connecting Threads often have some good deals. Be sure to watch for the count in the rolls, they all seem to have a different number of strips, hence the different pricees.

Blog Entries
    I like jelly rolls. I can get the whole fabric line all at once. Not many shops carry all the fabric in one line and do you think they will cut 1/16 yard of each one for you? I buy jelly rolls and layer cakes (10" squares). I think precuts are fantastic values. I buy mostly Moda pre cuts and I buy where ever there is a good sale.

eBay

DD bought me a jelly roll from Connecting Threads for Christmas last year, I haven't made anything with it yet, I keep making other quilts, I hope to use it sometime this year.

BTW, strip quilts are quick and easy quilts to make with jelly rolls. Here's a couple that I did.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Me three. Been busy cutting batik strips ready for stitching. Love using the multi-colored batiks with the more solid 1895s and paired some of them with prints. Delicious. Backgrounds for my applique.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast