Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone from Maine know of a longarm mechanic?

Anyone from Maine know of a longarm mechanic?

I am having problems with my Voyager 17. The tension is way off and when I get it where its almost perfect it goes haywire again! I have called Hinterberg, who I must commend for staying on the phone for an hour with me as I went through all of their "tricks of the trade" (so to speak) and are wonderful with their customer service. I was almost getting a perfect stitch on both sides when I got off the phone with them and that is when everything went nuts. Now I am back to skipped stitches on the top and birds nests on the back.
    Anyway, does anyone know of a longarm mechanic in the Brunswick/Portland Maine area who can take a look at it?
    Much appreciate any help!

Gellybean402

I don't know anyone in Maine, but sometimes the tension spring needs to be replaced. Maybe call Hinterberg back and ask them if that's a possibility?

I might call Sandord Sewing. I know it isn't as far up as you'd mentioned. The men there work on home and industrial machines and there's a long arm in the shop. That's the only place I let touch my machines. They are honest and professional and if they can't do it, I'm sure they will recommend who can.

Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    I might call Sandord Sewing. I know it isn't as far up as you'd mentioned. The men there work on home and industrial machines and there's a long arm in the shop. That's the only place I let touch my machines. They are honest and professional and if they can't do it, I'm sure they will recommend who can.

I think you may mean Sanford sewing in Sanford Maine. Gellybean, they have a website and it sure looks like they would a good bet for you but you will probably have to bring the machine in. Here is a link
    http://www.sanfordsewing.com/repair--service.htm

You can also call Toni's sewing in Biddeford. He used to come all the way up to Pittsfiield, ME, where I worked. When I moved to southern Maine, I bought two machines from him. Don't know if he can work on your long arm machine, but he might know someone. Now I am up North again, so I can't go there any longer. I found him to be honest. tel 207-283-3033

Blog Entries
    When you were on the phone with Hinterberg, did they have you check the timing? A while back I was having some of the same problems, and took my machine to the dealer that I had bought it from. That was one of the first things he checked and it cleared the problem up.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    I think you may mean Sanford sewing in Sanford Maine. Gellybean, they have a website and it sure looks like they would a good bet for you but you will probably have to bring the machine in. Here is a link
    http://www.sanfordsewing.com/repair--service.htm
    I did mean Sanford. Thanks for catching my typo.

Thanks everyone! I have ordered a new tension assembly and hope this will fix the problem. If not, I will have to call a professional!