Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Is anyone a member of "Creative Quilters Fabric Club"????

Question Is anyone a member of "Creative Quilters Fabric Club"????

http://www.creativequiltersfabricclub.com/

I was looking at this site and thought "what a great idea" until I figured out how much each FQ would cost. Monthly fee for this is $21.99, thats $3.67 a FQ before shipping. Your first shipment is only $9.99, that s $1.67 a FQ, which is a great price even with shipping.

Has anyone signed up for this our are currently a member, I would like some feedback~thanks!!!

Blog Entries
    I just can't do it! It would drive me crazy to let someone else pick my fabrics for me. And what if they send me some that I don't like? I think I can go to my LQS and spend $25 a month on FQs ($2.50 or less per FQ) and get exactly what I like/want! Plus, if they don't have FQs of the fabric I want, they will cut them for me. Win-Win situation!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Have you looked at the different clubs that www.keepsakequilting offers per month?

I signed up for this club. I lasted only 2 months. I didn't like the fat quarters they selected or the pattern that comes with the bundle. The reason I cancelled was that they were too darned expensive.

Thanks for the review!! Thats the one thing I don't like about this, it is so darn much

Quote Originally Posted by EvelynAnita View Post
    I signed up for this club. I lasted only 2 months. I didn't like the fat quarters they selected or the pattern that comes with the bundle. The reason I cancelled was that they were too darned expensive.

In theory, clubs are great ways to build a stash, but I would find fat quarters too limiting since I usually need more yardage for what I make.

But the worst...I am VERY picky about my fabrics and it would kill me to let somebody else choose for me.

At my LQS, the owner's husband took me around one day trying to help me find a certain color. I was so embarrassed as I said, no, no, no, not my cup of tea, etc. He was pretty good about it - not offended - and they learned that I'm a fussy customer about which jokes are occasionaly cracked good-naturedly.

I looked at it when it came in the mail...I also figured out what the price would be...NOT INTERESTED.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

if you really want to do something like this why not just decide---once a month i'm going to go to the lqs and spend $20 on fq's...
    the lqs would appreciate your business, you save shipping, you get to choose your fq's...seems like a win-win
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I also got the information and decided I could buy a lot of fabric that I know I like for the money they were asking.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    I think it would be more fun to support my LQS and pick out my own fabric. More of a win win and you might even do better with the price. Grace
    Create something beautiful from scraps.