Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone own a Kenmore/Necchi Logica? >

Anyone own a Kenmore/Necchi Logica?

Anyone own a Kenmore/Necchi Logica?

Old 12-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Default I have one!

Hi, I'm new here, but am just now realizing how unusual the sewing machine my mother gave me is. It's a Logica Necci. The only sewing I do is repairs and hems, so I only drag it out a few times a year. I didn't even realize how odd looking it was until someone pointed it out to me! It's a good little machine, I guess but since it's the only one I've ever used, I have nothing to compare it to. The one thing I don't like is that it is very heavy - like 30 pounds I'd guess...
Old 06-02-2014, 05:18 AM

I have one and it needs a new motor. The machine looks great and I have all of the accessories plus manual. I also have the technicians service manual for it. If, I was an electrician, a machine motor from another company would probably work as long as it was the same size. Right now it just sits in a box in my garage taking up space. I bought it new from Sears in 1989. If, interested please reply.

n
e
w
Old 12-06-2014, 06:15 PM

I still have my super strong, (sews through anything even layers of leather) Necchi grad gift of 1966. Sewed 24/7 for 20+ years... everything needed for home dec and family clothes. I didn't use it much lately. I got a sweet little White Elna 'Stella model' in 1980. My sister had one and I needed a lightweight machine to travel with us on camping vacations. I had a sewing business and just had to have one only 6 lbs. I owned my own softgoods cottage industry business ... designing and sewing models and products... was 24/7 on my mind.... This kept me on task family and bus. Deadlines met....This Elna model is no longer made... It should be ! It is powered by air. Pneumatic control. The small white circular foot control has a 1-2" black rubber circle diaphram... * air pushes the power switch on and then off when foot is lifted. SWEETEST MACHINE I ever saw back then. It has zigzag and some early fancy stitches plus *Stretch Stitches... popular new needs for knits at the time.. *before consumer sergers became available.
Foot control can Easily be brought up on table top to control with hand...(but never want to accidentally cut the hose...nor have a kitten or dog bite it.... Then... machine won't work... It's a thin black hose which goes from foot pad to machine...(just like an electrical cord would. The Switch is in the machine. Not in petal... The slider on face of machine to adjust speed goes from (slow) turtle to a rabbit for high speed..
So pressure on foot petal doesn't control speed.I absolutely love it... Swiss knew Well !

But after seeing a FW a few years ago... and reading about the monthly gathering of FW sewers/quilters.... Well, I just needed to
Look around for a FW for myself. And. Thursday I found my 'Sweet 16' You see it's a 1934 FW 221....1934 is when my DM Elinor would have been 16 yrs old.... I miss her since Memorial Day 2002.... My maternal grandmother made some flour sack blocks...
I'd do her true homage to sew them into a real keepsake using my appropriate vintage FW. And sewing my other vintage fabrics into something... as I did in the 1950's on my paternal GM 's converted to electric Singer tredal machine.
I'm so excited to know you are here online... a great group of 'ol vintage sewing machine lovers exists. My FW has many attachments;
Dealer & I haven't a clue what many will do. (There is a little book) But, he said he'll give me bobbins and new belt and shine her up... grease & Oil but a long painful wait to pick her up on the 15th.
I will watch for another FW.. I have 2 young sewing grandsons. Fun to all sew together now.... Maybe my Colorado hockey champ.. GD who coincidentally turns 16 this year will someday show interest in her paternal GM and develop a textile interest.... deserving a FW to take to college. I am in love with the quiet running... perfect stitches of the FW.
I hope I become as efficient at maintenance of my little Sweet 16 Ellie... as you all seem.
the You Tube videos took my fear away...
Suggestion....
But please shine a light on the dark areas when filming where to smooth with cotton & places to oil... & check things out.. on video. My tension has no numbers. He will mark best spot to be for 2 layers cotton... with nail polish. I want to try this before having him change to the number tension parts... what do you 1934 FW owners think about changing original parts?
I will appreciate your advice... my first long awaited FW... I needed it right now small to fit in car for my snowbirding trip... sewing in AZ....this winter..... I see a FW dealer is in Tucson! I will look for him. I'd enjoy meeting any vintage FW lovers... let me know... sew together sometime...could be a sweet union.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:03 AM

Default Kenmore sensor sew 100 was made by Necchi, I have one and have the new motor and part

I have one and have all the accessories, x2, extra belts, throat plate, bobbin case various nuts and bolts, extra bobbins, (20) owners manual, service (from Sears technician) manual, new motor (to be installed) original cover, looks great, no discoloration (bright white). When I first posted, I needed the motor but was able to find one. Family problem prevented me from installing the motor and my kids bought me a new machine. So, long story short, I am thinking of selling it.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

I was unable to open the original link (8/19/2019) today.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:24 AM

The link wouldn't open for me either, but this appears to be the machine, Bear.

https://mivintagesewingmachines.blog...sew-1980s.html
Old 08-19-2019, 06:26 PM

What a cool looking machine. I don’t have one and have not seen one until reading this but I had to say I agree, it looks like something off Star Trek!
Old 08-19-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by MicheleC View Post
What a cool looking machine. I don’t have one and have not seen one until reading this but I had to say I agree, it looks like something off Star Trek!
It's very Star Trek-ish looking. So cool!
Old 08-20-2019, 08:28 AM

So, which came first, the Kenmore Sensor Sew 100 or the Necchi Logica 592? And were they both designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro?
Old 08-20-2019, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
The link wouldn't open for me either, but this appears to be the machine, Bear.

https://mivintagesewingmachines.blog...sew-1980s.html
Thank you for the link.

Looks interesting. However, I do not have a burning desire to acquire one.