Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone sell purses? What do you charge?

depending on the individual purse i sell them from anywhere between $45 & $150= many going for $50 to $70 (the really expensive ones are generally special orders.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    What pattern do most of you use for craft shows/fairs?
    Dorian

If you've met one child with Autism, you've met ONE child with Autism.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth View Post
    I will have a booth in The World's Largest Christmas Bazaar this year and was also wondering what to charge, so I am also following this thread
    Do tell- here is this wonderful sounding show?
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Blog Entries
    I bought a simple purse at a quilt show this spring. It is basically a 6X8 inch sleeve with a long shoulder strap. Lined, but not interlined (no fleece).

The exterior fabric had lots of very small scraps (1/2 inch by 1 inch) under a mesh on both sides with some 1/2 beads on one side too.

No closure on the top.

It is a lovely small bag and I paid all of $10.00 for it. It was a steal. There were other bags in a similar style with closures and some had a pocket on the inside for $5-10 more depending on the details.

I commented when I paid that it was under priced. Yes, it was a simple design, but there was the lining, outer fabric, scraps, mesh and beads, plus the time involved in making it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    I bought a simple purse at a quilt show this spring. It is basically a 6X8 inch sleeve with a long shoulder strap. Lined, but not interlined (no fleece).

The exterior fabric had lots of very small scraps (1/2 inch by 1 inch) under a mesh on both sides with some 1/2 beads on one side too.

No closure on the top.

It is a lovely small bag and I paid all of $10.00 for it. It was a steal. There were other bags in a similar style with closures and some had a pocket on the inside for $5-10 more depending on the details.

I commented when I paid that it was under priced. Yes, it was a simple design, but there was the lining, outer fabric, scraps, mesh and beads, plus the time involved in making it.
    I'd love to see it!! Sounds beautiful!
    Dorian

If you've met one child with Autism, you've met ONE child with Autism.

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    depending on the individual purse i sell them from anywhere between $45 & $150= many going for $50 to $70 (the really expensive ones are generally special orders.
    I'd love to see your purses. Have you posted any on this site? I will do a search!
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2