Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone tried the Viking Bias Binder Foot?

Blog Entries
    A post earlier this week that showed a binding foot led me to a search for a bias binder foot for my Viking Sapphire. Has anyone tried this on their Viking? It's expensive - I wouldn't want to invest without hearing some positive feedback first. Anyone try it?

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/bia...126550-01.aspx

Blog Entries
    I just used my bias binder foot for the first time the other day and it wouldn't hold the binding like it says it will. If you get one, hope you have better luck than me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by linda701
    I just used my bias binder foot for the first time the other day and it wouldn't hold the binding like it says it will. If you get one, hope you have better luck than me.
    Not really sure I understand...what do you mean it wouldn't hold the binding? Do you mean the fabric wouldn't stay in place while it is being feed through?

Blog Entries
    The foot I have is suppose to hold the binding in place and you just put the fabric between the folds as it sews it. It doesnt hold the binding like it is supposed to.

Quilters seldom use bias binding, I wouldn't think it would be worth the cost of the foot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pieces
    Quilters seldom use bias binding, I wouldn't think it would be worth the cost of the foot.
    I did see one on ebay for $26 though. Better than the $50 I was seeing out there.

If I liked the results better, I'd use bias with the foot. But since I haven't heard any really positive feedback, it's probably better not to splurge on it.