Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Anyone Use a Pounce to Mark Tops??

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by majormom
    Quote Originally Posted by pahappel
    You may laugh, but I have successfully used kids wash out markers by Crayola to mark quilts. Washes out with no trouble. I do test my fabric first. They have a little heavier line than the blue/purple markers so easier to see
    Are these actually crayons or are they markers? This is a very interesting concept that I would like to try. I've always had trouble seeing my markings especially on quilts with busily patterned fabrics like the one I am now quilting. However, the backing of the quilt is muslin, and so I am quilting on the backside of the quilt just so I can see my markings. I am using a Sewline Ceramic pen in turquoise.
    They are markers. They're inexpensive and I've always been able to find a color that showed up on any fabric. Sometimes on a large quilt I use more than one color and they get very colorful, but it's quick, easy and cheap

Quote Originally Posted by majormom
    Quote Originally Posted by pahappel
    You may laugh, but I have successfully used kids wash out markers by Crayola to mark quilts. Washes out with no trouble. I do test my fabric first. They have a little heavier line than the blue/purple markers so easier to see
    Are these actually crayons or are they markers? This is a very interesting concept that I would like to try. I've always had trouble seeing my markings especially on quilts with busily patterned fabrics like the one I am now quilting. However, the backing of the quilt is muslin, and so I am quilting on the backside of the quilt just so I can see my markings. I am using a Sewline Ceramic pen in turquoise.
    They are markers. They're inexpensive and I've always been able to find a color that showed up on any fabric. Sometimes on a large quilt I use more than one color and they get very colorful, but it's quick, easy and cheap

I have a Bernina with the stitch regulator attachment and they warned us that it would not work with the powder. It interferes with the reading of the stitches. Besides, I found it messy!

I just use the white and gray quilting pencils and they do just fine for me. I don't think I care for the mess the powder that the pounce would probably make. Mary

Wow, six of one half a dozen of the other. Not sure if I want to try one or stick to a #3 pencil which are hard to find. #2 pencils are what is sold in most stores and is a softer lead which does smear much easier.
    We were alsways required in grade school to use a #3 and that what my Grams' ladies quilting group used to mark their quilts. Think I will stick to that.
    Thanks for all teh tips though, I will keep them in mind.

Doesn't ironing after quilting flatten the quilt?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10