Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone used the paper border rolls? >

Anyone used the paper border rolls?

Anyone used the paper border rolls?

Old 07-12-2009, 05:33 AM

about the saran wrap. you don't have to cut one long stretch. if you lay it out on your table, and wrap the ends around the edges of the table, you (i) slide the book underneath and trace with a permanent marker. keep sliding and marking. when you lay it out, choose a table-top in your comfort zone. have some help you while you lift both ends at once and lay it right on the quilt. the wrap wants to stay there from static electricity, but pin, pin, pin. then do the next run. mark where you left off the previous run and continue from there. it sound complicated but it's not. try it on a small one if you want to. the wrap pulls right out when you're done.

did you try that website link and look up the border prices?

p.s. if the book is too bulky, you can trace off the book onto a flat paper and then trace off the paper onto the wrap.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 AM

I've used the Glad Press'n Seal Wrap in the same way that you describe butterflywing. It works great, but does take a little patience in getting the teensy bits out if you are stitching a detailed pattern. (I've also heard that some machine companies won't cover your warranty if you use it because it might push some of those little plastic pieces down into the workings...not sure how true that is though).
Old 07-14-2009, 07:11 AM

I've used it and love it just photocopy the ends because you will have alot left over from the roll and you can get a bunch of quilts out of one roll.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:36 AM

I use plastic stencils and disappearing ink pen. The only hard part is making sure the design fits and making adjustments so that it does.
I only mark whatever I will sew that day as the ink dissapears by the next day or sooner.
I have bought stencils at Joanns with coupons. Make sure to get the ones that turn corners.
I have not had good luck with paper rolls, they tend to wrinkle.