Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone used the Quinique Quilting system? >

Anyone used the Quinique Quilting system?

Anyone used the Quinique Quilting system?

Old 02-09-2015, 10:11 AM

Default Anyone used the Quinique Quilting system?

Title should be Qnique QuilterI saw an ad the other day for the Quinique+14 quilting system and wonder if anyone has ever tried this machine. They have it paired with a Grace frame.

http://www.qniquequilter.com/

Last edited by Barb_MO; 02-09-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

It's such an odd name, I remember folks talking about it the end of last year:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t258037.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...r-t255694.html
Be interesting to see if someone has some real experience with it.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

I've only seen pictures but didn't like the harp distance. Once you have rolled the quilt a couple of times there isn't much quilting space left.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I've only seen pictures but didn't like the harp distance. Once you have rolled the quilt a couple of times there isn't much quilting space left.
It is better than my 9" in. space, but don't know if it is worth the $$.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:59 AM

My quilter has this length space and it does a great job! Mine is a Pfaat, had I 4 or 5 years
Old 02-09-2015, 12:19 PM

It looks like the same machine as the Block Rockit to me. I've seen posts about that machine so you might want to do a search. I tried out a Block Rockit at a quilt show and was very impressed. No long-term experience though.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:37 PM

It is the same machine as the BlockRockiT--the same company makes both. Kathy Quilts designed the machine and Grace manufactured it for them and now they are selling it also under their name. I have the BlockRockiT and am very pleased with it. The throat is 14.5 by 8.5. It has a built in stitch regulator with Cruise, Precise and Manual modes. The support, both with Kathy Quilts and the Grace Company is superb. The folks from Kathy Quilts are traveling to a lot of quilt shows demonstrating the machine, so watch and they may show up at one near you. I enjoy mine!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:16 PM

How big a swatch can you quilt with yours? would you be able to do a six to nine inch pantograph after rolling a few times?

I wonder if they will be a Paducah. That is the only quilt show I have ever gone to.

Originally Posted by Ginaky View Post
It is the same machine as the BlockRockiT--the same company makes both. Kathy Quilts designed the machine and Grace manufactured it for them and now they are selling it also under their name. I have the BlockRockiT and am very pleased with it. The throat is 14.5 by 8.5. It has a built in stitch regulator with Cruise, Precise and Manual modes. The support, both with Kathy Quilts and the Grace Company is superb. The folks from Kathy Quilts are traveling to a lot of quilt shows demonstrating the machine, so watch and they may show up at one near you. I enjoy mine!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:48 PM

Yes, they will be in Paducah. Using a design up to 10 inches is what I have read some people recommend. I haven't tried one that large yet. I'm considering getting the Precise Pantograph System so I can do Pantographs. I don't think my hands would be steady enough to use a regular pantograph system.

They usually have several machines set up and the shows and you can try them. The are great at answering your questions and ready to show what it can do. I have seen them at a couple of shows and after seeing it in Paducah last year I made the decision to buy it. I already have a Little Gracie II frame, so all I had to buy was the machine and it works just fine on it. I look forward to visiting with them again in April at Paducah. I will be there Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:08 AM

I also bought the BlockRockit and love it. This is my first experience mid-arm machine, or any long arm for that matter. I have quilted three quilts so far and am thinking about trying pantographs. Kathy and Lynn give great support and they only hire quilters to work for them ,so they are experienced in what they do . I think it is a great machine for anyone who is just starting out !