Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone Want to Buy a Quilt Shop? >
  • Anyone Want to Buy a Quilt Shop?

• Anyone Want to Buy a Quilt Shop?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    Originally Posted by pam1966
    Let's all go in together and buy it! The ONLY way I could do it!
    I'll chip in . I want to quit my job anyways.
    Ditto!
    Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by mountain deb
    Originally Posted by eiltcoq
    Mountain deb, What kind of fabric do you have? If you post pictures, you will be able to sell it on the Board. Eiltcoq.
    It is a matter of getting myself motivated to list and of course parting with all this fabric. Mostly Moda, Haufman, Kaufman, Blank and misc.. Most everything will be 40 to 60% off retail price. Sooooo stay tuned in for future postings.
    I've been trying to find some of the Moda (I think Three-Sisters) Aviary line. I bought all the charm packs I could find, but would love to have some yardage. Do you know if you have any of that on hand. Maybe we could work out a deal. :-)
    Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
    Originally Posted by mountain deb
    Originally Posted by eiltcoq
    Mountain deb, What kind of fabric do you have? If you post pictures, you will be able to sell it on the Board. Eiltcoq.
    It is a matter of getting myself motivated to list and of course parting with all this fabric. Mostly Moda, Haufman, Kaufman, Blank and misc.. Most everything will be 40 to 60% off retail price. Sooooo stay tuned in for future postings.
    I've been trying to find some of the Moda (I think Three-Sisters) Aviary line. I bought all the charm packs I could find, but would love to have some yardage. Do you know if you have any of that on hand. Maybe we could work out a deal. :-)
    Wish I could help, but do not have that line.
    Old 06-10-2010, 04:05 AM

Where is this located in Arkansas? Is the store open at all? Just curious-love fabric. :>)
    Old 06-10-2010, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
    It's in Sheridan, which is just a little South of Little Rock in central Arkansas.
    I think someone else said it is not open for regular business.
    Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 PM

Mountaindeb, thanks for the reply. :-)
    Old 06-11-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Uhhh... so... after reading this post, I've been thinking... if all my colleagues and I decide to retire at the same time (in about 15 years, 'cause we're all about the same age)... and if we don't know what to do with all the fabric ... should I let everyone here know, and sell it off piecemeal?

Is 15 years enough lead time? You know, for folks who like to plan ahead...?
    Sorry. Not me. We will beat you to retirement, and my DH wants to travel when we do!

Just noticed where you are located. My DS called yesterday and asked me about coming to visit (Rochester, NY) So I may get a chance to stop in on the way! Hooray! Always up for a new quilt shop experience!
    There are some really good quilt shops here in the Rochester area. Jackie Lynn's in Irondequoit, Mt. Pleasant in York, Ivy Thimble in Victor, Patricia's in East Rochester, and Scarlet Thread in Webster. Happy hunting!
    Old 06-11-2010, 09:07 AM

Juneeloonee, thanks for the heads-up on the quilt shops in the Rochester area. My DS is involved in weaving, so knows very little about the quilt shops, etc. She said we could explore. Now we have some destinations! :-D
    Old 06-11-2010, 09:27 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
    Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Uhhh... so... after reading this post, I've been thinking... if all my colleagues and I decide to retire at the same time (in about 15 years, 'cause we're all about the same age)... and if we don't know what to do with all the fabric ... should I let everyone here know, and sell it off piecemeal?

Is 15 years enough lead time? You know, for folks who like to plan ahead...?
    Sorry. Not me. We will beat you to retirement, and my DH wants to travel when we do!
    Just noticed where you are located. My DS called yesterday and asked me about coming to visit (Rochester, NY) So I may get a chance to stop in on the way! Hooray! Always up for a new quilt shop experience!
    Since we do most of our sales online, it means that we're only open weekdays, from 9-5. For us, it's the best of both worlds... we get to see and play with the fabric, but have "normal" working hours. I'd just hate for you to plan a trip, only to find out that we're closed if you're coming through on a weekend!
    Old 06-11-2010, 09:33 AM

Thanks for the info on your hours. It does sound like the best of both worlds! I'll see if I can travel during the week instead of on a weekend. Most likely, it will be fall before I can travel... Summer commitments, you know.