Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anything quilty related going on in KCMO Oct 1-4, 2012?

Anything quilty related going on in KCMO Oct 1-4, 2012?

My dh has a convention to attend at Crowne Center Oct 1-4. I grew up in the suburbs of KC, near Liberty, but left about 25 years ago. Visited once recently and didn't recognize the area, it had changed so much.

Any stores that are on the absolute must see list? I plan to visit Missouri Star Quilt company, it's about 1 hour away. Other then that, I'm pretty much open during the day. Any charity quilting groups in the area doing anything?

Thanks

You will enjoy the Missouri Star Quilt company. I went wild over their layer cakes. I suggest studying their website before you go in case you want any of the specialty rulers that they have designed. Also, when I was there, they had free patterns spread throughout the store - be sure to look for those. And don't forget to ask about their daily deal. It's valid for their store as well as their online store.

I'm sure others will join in to recommend other stores. I don't live in the area - we were passing through by way of Hamilton - DH planned it as a side trip for me.

Blog Entries
    You might like to visit Peddler's Wagon in Parkville. There are some really neat shops on main street in Parkville which is about 15 minutes north of downtown Kansas City