Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Apple core Quilt

Have you made one of these? If so, what method did you used? I saw there are several ways you could make this quilt. First one is the traditional curve piecing. The second one that I stumble upon is the applique paper piecing. I heard the second one is easy. Please tell me what you did. I really like to make one. Just wanted to make sure that I make it the easier way, that is all.
    Thanks, Diane

I had an easier time using templates with this pattern than paper-piecing it. The paper-piecing added extra folds of fabric to make the curves. That might have been easier but in the end it was going to be a little monster to hand quilt through! This is a great block to use up buckets of scraps and practice curved piecing either by hand or machine.

I've started on but I have been using a template. its a bit tedious in the cutting but I just like the look when its done.

You should check out www.quiltsmart.com. They have a foundation piecing system that works well. I have not done the apple core pattern but have done the double wedding ring. A different process but it works well and I want to try the apple core next.