Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
applecore piecing ? >

applecore piecing ?

applecore piecing ?

Old 08-05-2015, 06:48 AM

Default applecore piecing ?

Would like to know some tips on piecing the Applecore, do you change machine settings stitch length, foot pressure ? how do you start with the round part on top or vice versa and the 1/4 inch do you use a scant... in searching on google one lady said to use a little more then a 1/4 inch...but she used a jumbo applecore template here is her video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4FvDylldgw I don't think I want to go the way she does it, I am using the accuquilt applecore die ,and finally anybody use the curve master foot pros and cons about that. thanks..............
Old 08-05-2015, 08:50 AM

Lots of threads on applecore. It seems like hand sewing is the way to go.
Machine sewing would probably be more tricky.

http://tinyurl.com/p2qoqn3
Old 08-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

recent thread:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...s-t268147.html
Old 08-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

Not sure what video I saw but the one I watched pinched and pinned the middle and ends just like curve piecing. Pretty much same as a drunkards path.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

I sewed mine by hand.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
Would like to know some tips on piecing the Applecore, do you change machine settings stitch length, foot pressure ? how do you start with the round part on top or vice versa and the 1/4 inch do you use a scant... in searching on google one lady said to use a little more then a 1/4 inch...but she used a jumbo applecore template here is her video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4FvDylldgw I don't think I want to go the way she does it, I am using the accuquilt applecore die ,and finally anybody use the curve master foot pros and cons about that. thanks..............
I have not done the Applecore but I did use the Curvemaster for the Winding Ways pattern. It works beautifully! No cons, only pros. I recommend it.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:54 AM

I have a scrappy applecore cut but not started. I'm going to pin the top tip, the center and the bottom tip. easing the curved edge in as I sew.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:24 AM

Apple cores do not have to be hand pieced. I am now working on a scrappy one. I admit I have the GO die and it has the little triangle at the center of each curve to help guiding that seam......two pins/ first at center- finger folded, then second are the beginning, making sure the edges are straight. Set under needle, lower needle to hold that edge, remove pin, and go SLOW...oops forgot - smile on the bottom, frown on top(at least that works for me). Watch just in front of foot, guide by moving right hand to left ( bottom fab) and left hand(top fab) to right.....after matching and sewing that center point and as you approach the end, hold those two ends together with a tweezer.....easy peasy.....

I find doing rows is the easiest way to construct...but that's just me