I have been working on the Civil War Bride quilt. It has 20 blocks in all and right now I am at the stage of using the machine to do machine embroidery on them. I layed out all the blocks to see how many I have left to do. Six are all appliqued, finished, and I counted 13 left to do. Wait, that cant be right, recounted, same count. Great, I have misplaced one block. I looked all over trying to find the missing block. I recounted again and thought one of the already appliqued blocks seemed heavy.......I somehow put one block over another and appliqued them both. Not only that, the one on the bottom was already appliqued as well.
I vaguely remember wondering how I found a square of batting that was already cut perfectly to use for the top block. Underneath that was the finished block. I spent 3 hours carefully unstitching all my little machine applique stitches. The bottom block survived, the top one will have to be redone and mended in places. Since this was a BOM by mail, I dont have the extra fabric for the background to just do it over. I feel so foolish. While I was stiching I thought that the machine was acting up. Now I know it was because it was so thick.