Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Applique Ready Pillow Top

Blog Entries

Applique Ready Pillow Top

Look what I found at our LQS! When we go to the movies, Thor: The Dark World, I get to stop by the shop and buy a "grab-bag". For the price of a yard of fabric, I received a medium sized plastic bag filled with a mish-mash of fabrics, patterns, and notions. Wadded up towards the bottom was this!

Now, how do I finish it?!? They started straight stitching it down but botched the job after about 10". Thankfully there is little to rip out. What do you recommend?

Name:  PillowTopFinding.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  101.0 KB

Annette
    Annette

There is no fireside like your own fireside.

Blog Entries
    rip rip rip it out and start over. otherwise, you'll be sorry in the future. are the pcs. stitched down, if not, stitch them down first. the quilt it. show us when you're done.

Oh very pretty!! I would fuse them down, then use a button hole stitch with floss to stitch them. I like doing hand work, but you could do it on your machine too.

Blog Entries
    I did stitch them down. First, a loose zigzag, then an applique top stitch with green rayon thread. The "S" pattern was easy to follow and connected the portions smoothly.

It was worth the $10 spent to learn the process. I am thankful to have a machine that will do such wide stitches so closely. It will become a great pillow top for my son this Christmas.
    Annette

There is no fireside like your own fireside.