Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Applique'

Does anyone know if you can buy "applique'" needles that actually say applique' on the package. :shock: I have only one which I received when I took a class but don't know maker, size or any other information. I just know it is small, & I like it. I would like to have more so I can have more than one needle threaded with the different colors of thread when I am doing needle turn applique'. So many online shops have such limited notions offered. I plan on checking at Hancock &/or Hobby Lobby this weekend. :?

the only thing I can think of, is take the needle with you to the fabric store, and compare length, thickness, size of needle's eye, and compare the point to others for sharpness/roundness, whatever it looks like.
    Have you looked on DMC, Herschnerrs or other embroidery/needlepoint sites for their reccommendations?

Yes their are some applique needles that say applique on the package Hancock Fabric have them also i buy them

Clover makes an applique needle. For machine applique I use a sharp not a universal. I seem to get less wiskers this way.

I use sharps for hand turned applique. But, you can buy needles that say that they are specifically for applique.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    the only thing I can think of, is take the needle with you to the fabric store, and compare length, thickness, size of needle's eye, and compare the point to others for sharpness/roundness, whatever it looks like.
    Good idea. I find that I use whatever I have and make it work for me. I do want to get some straw needles or milliner's to try needle turn applique.

on connecting threads site, Fons and Porter has wool hand applique needles. I just saw them, and I think they were 2.99 on sale till june 15, 09.

Blog Entries
    Roxanne's Applique needles and Piecemakers applique needles are the only ones I like. I can tell a big difference when I use them. I use them for all my hand sewing too.

There is a blog that a wonderful applique teacher has opened and I remember seeing one of her posts refering to this very subject

look under catagories Tools Matter: The Applique Needle
    http://sandraleichner.com/wordpress/
    A blog well worth folowing if your into needle turn she will be publishing a book soon , She is an award winning quilt artist !!!

I bought applique sharps at Joanne's. Manufacturer is Quilting Basket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast