Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Applique threads...silk vs cotton!!

Here is one of my favorite drooling catalogs 'Connecting Threads'...so, I looked it up online for you to see and here's the choices they give in silk for applique at: http://www.connectingthreads.com/thr...__L600904.html

very basic in the colors...check out the weight on the thread-what do you all think??I've been matching my thread to my fabric (non silk at the moment) and I guess you don't in the silk??For you won't see it? Ever?:)Didn't think the price for this small bundle was bad...Skeat

I don't have a whole lot of experience with applique because I am a beginner. But I am on the verge of throwing out all the cotton thread I have. It tangles easily, even with bees wax, and has really made a mess. I haven't used silk a lot because its so pricy, but have used the poly thread and love it. It also disappears into the applique, at least enough for me until I am about to buy and try silk.

Hope this helps as cotton isn't for beginners I don't think anyway.

Rita

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2