Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Appreciate your advice--PLEASE!!!

I recently did a b/w rail fence and put a black border on it but added a narrow red flange. I can see that on you quilt, too as you have a splash of red here and there and the flange was narrow and didn't over power. Your quilt is gorgeous by the way.
    Sandy

I also did the BOM,, including paper piecing....directions were just fine...I've NEVER paper pieced and didn't have a bit of problem....is now my favorite technique and I'm paper piecing everything in sight!! I'm putting 5-6" sashing as I'm making it grow for a king size bed!

definitely a dark sashing

Very pretty quilt! I'm not a fan of pp either. I like the idea of black sashings with red cornerstones. I'd probably do a black border around it and then red. I usually have to put 1 layer on; look at it; decide on the next;... Red and black cornerstones on the borders sounds nice too. Would love to see a photo posted after you have it finished.

I think it needs some color, a great red for sashing and a wonderful red print for a border.
    Audition several pieces of fabric to see what the quilt needs, look at each fabric for a couple days, the quilt will tell you what it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Black sashing with 9 patch red and black cornerstones. Narrow red border (or flange) then a black border.
    I really like this idea!! I think that it would look great!
    Mom to 2 Future Stitchers....Wife to One Great Hubby!
    "Once A Phi Sigma Sigma, Always A Phi Sigma Sigma!"

Blog Entries
    I would do black sashing with red squares at the intersections, then maybe 2 borders as wide you want to get the size, using a more white print surrounded by a darker/solid fabric.
    Debbie Dresser

Not to hijack your post, but I did a similar sampler quilt in red and white. I used white sashing with red cornerstones, though I agree yours would look great with black sashing and red cornerstones. I've enclosed a photo so you can see how mine looks, in case if helps you. I've removed the red border shown here and plan to add a wider one of the same red fabric. Name:  Red&White quilt & fabric sample 004.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  1.23 MB

Went to a class on PP and it helped so much. I recommend watching videos and taking a class if you can - it all helps. PP has turned out to be one of my favorite techniques and I'm looking forward to making a PP quilt this winter. Good luck on your quilt - terrific BOM!

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Pink!!! Hot pink to be exact ...you asked. Black would be nice too.
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast