Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky >

AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky

AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky

Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 PM

Default AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky

I arrived Sunday and having a blast. Who would have known that I would have met two members of this board. I and craft ear along with my friend Dorothy , are guest of Leaha.

I also met one of my istructors Wendy Behring at an artist studio in Paduach on Monday. My friend Dorothy and I went to hancockcs of Paduach Monday and I will not start how much fabric I purchased. I just could not leave all that fabric there. Of corse it was on a 40 percent discount.

Tuesday she and I went to the quilt museum and it is awesome and of course we just had to buy a few quilting tshirts. We also made our way to Murray's sewing and found awesome batik fabrics. I also purchased a bolt of white on white fabric for dyeing and fabric painting.

Wednesday I met Craftybear it also was the start of quilt show. Friend and I went to quilt show and we walked until we could no longer. My main reason for coming was to see if I could get a good deal on a baby lock evolution serger and I did. I also saw an embellished so negotiated probe down as a bundle saving myself $1300.00

I also looked for fabric paints and other tools for such and quilting which I found.

Thursday we went back to see more quilts we had not seen, as well as to see demos, and buy other things we didn't know we needed. We went to the pavilion to check out other vendors, as well as another place that had overflow vendors and also seeing old quilts. While there I got books for 5.00$ each.

Today we are going back to hancockcs and to vendor for more books and then going to an Amish community to see there quilt show.

This weekend we are coming home.

If you have never come to this quilt show you sould consider doing so in the future. It so so worth it and then some.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 PM

I hate writing on this iPad, causes me to make typing errors so please forgive misspelling.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM

Lucky, lucky you. I am so envious.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:26 AM

I have been to the AQS show once, some day hope to go back and spend time like you were able to.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 AM

I agree, if you have never been to Paducah it is one place not to miss. I was there three different years and stayed the week. No longer am able to do that but I sure remember the good time. sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 AM

Glad you are having so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have some for me. Sandy
Old 04-27-2012, 06:12 AM

I just bought the evolution too. I haven't had time to use it much yet, but I can't wait to get into it.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:15 AM

Clsurz, your note has made me so envious!!! No wonder you had to stop and rest. You will have so much fun going through all your bargains. It sounds like you had a blast. Wish I was there. Show us pictures of your haul when you get home. Looking at your pictures will help me get over my envy. lol
Sue
Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Glad to hear it is a fruitful trip. I'm driving to Missouri in May and will be stopping in Paducah for the night so I can go to the museum and Hancocks. Sure hate that I couldn't be there for the quilt show.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 PM

I am a charter member of the AQS, and as long as we lived in Memphis, I never missed a show (15 years worth...)...and boy, do I miss it. I'm in SC now, and I did try the one in Knoxville a couple of years ago...but it just wasn't the same. So yep, I'm jealous too!