Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arrggh!

It's a double 9-patch - which I love. (But I tend to LOVE anything with a "chain" effect to it)

A break is probably just what you need.
    "Unsew" today, just take your time.
    Go back to it tomorrow with a fresh head and sew.

I'm sure it'll all turn out fantastically.

Thanks everyone for the support. Ducky, that isn't my quilt just a picture i'm going by. The problem i'm having is with the solid longer strips of blue. They are all 1/2" to long. It won't be to hard to fix just time consuming.

I'm also guilty of not reading your post close enough the first time because I kept looking at the picture and thinking that you're just waaay to hard on yourself because I wasn't seeing any problems!!!!

Hang in there. It wouldn't be the first time I've taken a quilt apart :oops: :oops: Better to do it again and be happy with it!!

Blog Entries
    Are all your pieced blocks the same size? I can only suggest to double check them and possibly square them to a common size. Sounds like you were tired and in a bit of a hurry. THAT combination ALWAYS bites me in the butt too. (Usually, I know when things aren't going right and I do it anyway.) Good luck with the re-do!

That is a beautiful pattern. Don't give up. I'm sure yours will be great too.

Blog Entries
    I just finished an Irish Chain with blue and white and it's the opposite of yours. Love yours. We all have been where you are, and it is frustrating. It'll look great.

Thanks, I'm at a standstill on it. Need a touch more fabric and I need to find some backing.

Power Poster
    If all your pieced squares are about the same size (someone else said about the same thing) - measure them and cut your your solid blocks to that size.

I think you can "get by" if all your seams are the same size.

Mary Ellen Hopkins said something about a "personal measurement" in one of her books. :-)

Quick test for sewing - take three 2 1/2 inch strips, (they only need to be about four or five inches long) - sew them together, press them, and then measure them. The sewed strip should measure 6 1/2 inches across. If not, make adjustments.

I was happy when on a couple of Eleanor Burns videos she admits that her blocks came out smaller than the 12 inch they were susposed to be.
    She says as long as you are consistant with the size just make adjustments to the sashing to fit the block size you made, or if no sashing make sure your alternate blocks are the same size as the other blocks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast