Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrggh!

I'm in the middle of making a double Irish chain (I think it's a double irish chain) and I stayed up last night until 2:30 sewing. All my blocks turned out well (my 1/4" is not quite right but I thought I could manage. I made 66 of them) And today all I had to do was cut the solid blocks. Since my 1/4" wasn't quite on target I measured and cut from that measurement. Well I guess I didn't do the math right so when i started sewing my rows together things just didn't look quite right. Well, I stopped after the 3rd row. So now i have a lot of unsewing tomorrow. Taking a break for the rest of the evening. I'm attaching a picture i got off the net of the quilt i'm attempting to make .
    Thanks ya'll for letting me vent.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

:D OH, I LOVE it! Yours will be OK.

judee

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to hear that your quilt is giving you problems...it happens to all of us from time to time. Glad to hear that you are not giving up...can't wait to see it when you get the bugs ironed out :D :D :D

I'm sure yours will be just fine.
    Just take your time with it.

That is a single Irish Chain.. sort of.

Whatever it is, it's nice. I hope you figure out the issues. Take your time.

tim in san jose

I don't know if this helps at all, but when my blocks are a little off, I cut the solid squares exactly to the right size, and then use them as a "guide" to square up the slightly wonky blocks. For example, if my solid square is exactly right, and the block is off by 1/8, I line it up so that the seam is 1/4 on the solid square and 1/8 on the block, and it comes out (close to) right once they are sewn together.

Cheers,
    Jan

Take a deep breath and don't sweat the small things!! Your quilt will be just great!!

Hang in there!! That seem ripper is our best friend at times and we all have had days like that. :wink:

Love that pattern and keep us updated!!

Ninnie

Been there done that, and it takes patience to get it all back in order!
    Sorry you are having that problem. I hate it when I find out I am off! Take the suggestions here and go forth! :?

I soooo understand the frustration of the slightly off 1/4"'s. And, yes, AAARRRGGG. But, I have to say that, looking at the picture, I can't even begin to tell where there's a problem. It's really lovely.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast