Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Asking So.Texans for a reputable service person.. >

Asking So.Texans for a reputable service person..

Asking So.Texans for a reputable service person..

Old 07-24-2014, 12:48 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
Default Asking So.Texans for a reputable service person..

My cousin came to visit and fell in love with my hobby and we managed to find her a Singer 99K.. It looks near perfect and looks to be well taken care of BUT with any use machine I always send them to be serviced and clean prior to its first project..

Shes lives out in Cotulla TEXAS.. so Laredo, Pearsall, Dilley, San Antonio area is what we are looking for.. Can anyone recommend someone they trust that is reasonably priced?? Comment addr and phone number or Pm the info... thanks..

I have to add that she purchased this beautiful piece for $60 -Machine and table... I AM KICKING MYSELF for offering it to her first.. lol.. but im glad she was bit by the quilting bug... and that makes it all worth seeing it go...
Old 07-24-2014, 07:19 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Anybody?????
Old 07-24-2014, 10:12 PM

I recently found one in Humble(just north of Houston) so too far but a friend of mine is in Canyon Lake about 30 min from New Braunsfels? and needs to take her machine in for repair so thought I'd check your post to see if you'd had any luck! There's a quilt shop there Quilt Haus- they may be able to recommend a good place. I think that's where she was going to check
Old 07-25-2014, 06:46 AM

I know we have Serveral San Antonio quilters on the board figured they could chime in and give me some names.. So far No one has anyone .... Theres gotta be someone..
Old 07-25-2014, 04:29 PM

Anyone have any info??
Old 07-27-2014, 08:57 AM

Those are pretty simple to clean & oil. Unless the belt is loose it should sew just fine. & CHANGE your needle. They do need to be oiled. * use a q-tip with oil & run around the bobbin area
Old 07-27-2014, 11:23 AM

Did it come with a manual? If not, go to ISMACS.NET and download the manual for free. Usually they are easy to clean up and oil. Don't forget to oil underneath the machine and clean out the bobbin area, needle plate area and a few drops of oil in the needle bar area.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:35 AM

I don't live in Texas, but if it were me I would check several shops in the places you listed and see if the same name gets recommended more than once. I'd also locate Singer dealers and find out if they work on this type of Singer or if they have a recommendation for someone who works on older Singers.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:37 AM

Gromes Sewing Center in San Antonio -- very reputable and has been in business for over 60 years.