Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Atlanta Quilt Show

Did anybody else on here got to the Atlanta Quilt Show last week? I did and I a m ashamed to admit that I took about twelve pix, but apparently too tech challenged to get them uploaded into my PC. Have tried a dozen times and the frustration level is at its peak!
    Anyway, my main question is, have any of you ever entered a quilt into a show? If so, can you tell me just what in the blue blazes the judges are looking for? There was one particular quilt that was just to die for gorgeous, and these tired old eyes could find zero to complain about and the judges gave it an Honorable Mention. Really? Are you kidding me? Honorable Mention? I must have worse eyes than I originally thought, cause I tell you, that quilt was magnificent!

I went and sad to say I forgot my camera :(

I know what you mean about the judges. I found sme to be flawless and beautiful and they did not ribbon at all or just honorable mention. The best of show was pretty but I found others to be better.

Guess it is just a perference of taste.

Sometimes a quilt doesn't win not because it isn't good, but because the other quilts were better. And the deciding factor may be something we don't see, but the judge did.

Janet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinterland
    Sometimes a quilt doesn't win not because it isn't good, but because the other quilts were better. And the deciding factor may be something we don't see, but the judge did.

Janet
    true, or they just didn't like the colors.

Some year I will take the class about what judges look for. Until then, some shows remain a mystery.