Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Attach a walking foot?

Help! I received a walking foot for Christmas, BUT it came with no instructions! How do I attach it to my machine?
    Marilyn

It's really hard to explain with out a picture. Mine has a opening where you unscrew the screw by your needle, which relases the foot thats on there at present, then remove that foot and slide the walking foot on and tighten the screw to hold your walking foot in place. make sure the screw is snug but not extremly tite. If that is how your machine is set up.

The walking foot has a sort of fork thing on the side, where does that go?
    M

have you ever taken the shank off your machine? if it's not a really old machine, to change feet you just press a little button and the foot falls off. to remove the shank there is a screw on the left (not the one that holds the needle in place) loosen that screw (or just remove it) the shank comes off, now put the walking foot there so that the fork wraps around that shaft where the other one was, the walking foot has an arm that must be on top of the needle screw, now thighten the screw on the fork. it should work fine.
    good luck

bj
    My walking foot has a little lever on it that goes above the screw on the right side of the shank that hold the needle in place. If I don't put that in the right place, the foot doesn't "walk" correctly.

Thanks ladies! I had to print up your responces and read them in front of my machine to understand, but I am up and running (or walking, I should say!)

Blog Entries
    Yeah, thanks! It looks like we'll have another picture soon!?!?