Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attaching a Hanging Sleeve is Not My Favorite Thing...

Attaching a Hanging Sleeve is Not My Favorite Thing...

But I spent a good part of today doing just that. I did a really good job too...

But I attached it to the wrong side. < Banging my head on the desk... >

I'm starting over now...

By the wrong side, I hope you mean the left, right, or bottom, rather than the front! (I don't enjoy attaching sleeves either.)

Awwww, you poor thing! I first thought you meant you'd attached the sleeve to the front of the quilt but then realized that couldn't be right. Although it would be sort of funny
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Yes, I attached it to the bottom back instead of the top back. I think I'd give up quilting if I had put it on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
    Yes, I attached it to the bottom back instead of the top back. I think I'd give up quilting if I had put it on the front.
    I've done much worse (stupid) things and haven't quite given up yet. How many times can you sew the same patch to the same block and have it wrong side up? (Don't answer - that was a rhetorical question - I know I haven't found the upper limit yet.)

I made a wall hanging, a first for me, even put a hanging sleeve on it and all went very well. I checked a couple of times to make sure I was attaching it to the top. Not often everything goes well, I do like it when they do.
    So sorry you are having some troubles with it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

4.5 hours later the and wide sleeve is on the top where it belongs... now to put the narrow sleeve on the bottom... I get really tired of a quilt at this point. I just want to start another one.

Every so often I need to repeat to myself "sew right sides together"! You can't get a more basic mistake than that!
    Glad to hear it finally worked out.

Power Poster
    We are having a quilt show coming up next for our guild so I have had to sew a few sleeves on. Not sure why but really do not like sewing them and then taking them off after the show.

I too have a dislike for attaching/making hanging sleeves... just seems like a pain in the ... I would be really upset if I put it on the wrong way .. it more than doubles the pain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast