Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Attic Window Twist Quilt problem featuring Canyon Ridge fabrics by Northcott >

Attic Window Twist Quilt problem featuring Canyon Ridge fabrics by Northcott

Attic Window Twist Quilt problem featuring Canyon Ridge fabrics by Northcott

Old 02-19-2014, 04:50 PM

Default Attic Window Twist Quilt problem featuring Canyon Ridge fabrics by Northcott

I am at the stage where I add the "Twist" following the narrow 2"border but it is not fitting as per the instructions. Admittedly, my twist border is a little out by a couple 1/8th to 1/4" however, it should not reach 4" and 3.3/4" differences - that is top and sides of the quilt.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could possibly obtain or design or whatever, something that will allow me to finish the top and bottom sections that will fit comfortably into corner borders.

I do so hope this makes sense as my frustration is flying higher than the Olympic flame in Sochi and my husbands says thanks in advance, if you could make his life a little easier too!

Sandy
Old 02-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Can you post a picture of what you have and where it is off? I found a picture of the pattern and it does look like it would be hard to fit together unless your center section is exactly the right size. What it *sounds* like is that you may have taken a bit more than scant 1/4" seams in the center section, and those add up, possibly to the 3-4 inches difference that you're seeing.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 PM

Dunster is correct. A photo would help immensely!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

for those wondering what it is supposed to look like, here is a link http://www.northcott.net/?sid=3&layo...1253&colid=553
Old 02-20-2014, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

Thanks QuiltnNan for the pic. It looks like a nice quilt. Hope we can see a pic of kiwican's so someone can help.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:53 AM

Sounds like the pattern needed "testers" and proofreaders. That is quite a bit "off" if your info is correct. Neat pattern tho. Good luck.
sandy
Old 02-20-2014, 05:01 AM

Maybe an e-mail to Northcott is in order to ask if there are any corrections to the pattern
Old 02-20-2014, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Is the twist border too big or too small? First, count your pattern repeats to make sure that you have them all (or if you have any extra). You might be able to add or remove a repeat.
OR
If it's too big, just add another plain border to make it fit. If it's too small, the only way I can see is add another repeat of the twist, to make the twist border longer, then add another border to the quilt to make the revised twist fit.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
for those wondering what it is supposed to look like, here is a link http://www.northcott.net/?sid=3&layo...1253&colid=553
Omg! I wanted that quilt kit from our lqs. By the time I had the money they had sold the last one. I almost cried!!!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:33 AM

Default Attic Window Twist quilt pattern

Sorry for the lengthy time it has taken to reply to everyone regarding my problem with the border twist on the Attic Window Twist pattern but I have discovered my error. Somehow, my 1/4" seam allowance was out just a fraction but sufficient to put the darn thing out. With the unpicking, the fabric frayed and so will have to purchase more fabric from 1000 bolts.com and attempt it again but this time, it will be completed with a great deal more caution. Thank you very much ladies for your assistance and suggestions - so appreciated.