Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Aunt Becky's Finger Protector and Thimble

Has anyone tried the Aunt Becky's Finger Protector and Thimble? I was wondering how well it actually worked.

Here is the video describing it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19466527029261

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi Jan- the background noise was so bad I couldn't really hear her. Did that happen to you?

No, it worked fine for me.

Here is her own web page link: http://jeansimpressions.com/

Hope this one works!

Hey I LOVE Aunt Becky! I learned how to quilt from her and am so happy with the results. I had to be careful with my wrists; they always have to be in neutral position. When I met Jean "Aunt Becky" at our quilt show I watched her a lot and thought it would work. It's been two years now and I'm so happy with the method.

I did take a quilting class from her last Fall at PIQF (in Santa Clara, CA) and that helped to perfect my technique. Not that my technique is perfect, but my stitches got smaller! :roll:

Thanks, Jan!! It was better for me with the Youtube link.
    I would love to try one of those. Also liked how she threads 30 needles- great idea! I looooove hand quilting! Her method does look like it would go faster too.
    Thanks for still another thing I need to buy :D

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
    Hey I LOVE Aunt Becky! I learned how to quilt from her and am so happy with the results. I had to be careful with my wrists; they always have to be in neutral position. When I met Jean "Aunt Becky" at our quilt show I watched her a lot and thought it would work. It's been two years now and I'm so happy with the method.

I did take a quilting class from her last Fall at PIQF (in Santa Clara, CA) and that helped to perfect my technique. Not that my technique is perfect, but my stitches got smaller! :roll:
    Great to hear! The only thing I wonder is if you need that metal thimble?? I can only use the leather thimbles.

Well I spoke with her and ordered both the thimble and the Aunt Becky.

I think my husband can modify one of my many hoops, else I guess that's next on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie

I did look online at the LQS's around me and they did have the Aunt Becky. For around $5.00 it might be worth a try.

As a matter of fact they were slightly cheaper, but I figured gas and all it reaqlly didn't make a difference.

Great to hear! The only thing I wonder is if you need that metal thimble?? I can only use the leather thimbles.

Blog Entries
    awesome, where do you buy it from??

I bought the thimble and the hoop. I absolutely love the thimble! I didn't think I would because I use a Roxanne thimble. The deeply recessed thimble that Jean uses is so easy to maneuvre when making circles and curves. With the Roxanne I have a tendency to flip my needle... very exasperating because around here it's like looking for a needle in a haystack (pun intended). I love the smooth feel of the Roxanne and the weight of it (and the looks of it, too!) but I admit that I have been reaching for the recessed thimble more often. I also use a little rubber finger for pulling the thread through. but it isn't a typical office type. The one I have came from the notions section of quilt store and it came 2 to a package and they are blue with little air holes and they are thinner. They are so sensible. Now, I just have to set aside my current quilt and practice on the hoop. I really think the Aunt Becky will work. I just need to get started.

Oh, I ordered the hoop from Jean Brown's website. It came quickly and was well packaged.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast