Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Aurifil Thread

Aurifil Thread

My question is: Why is this deemed a preferred thread? why do you (who use it) like it?

Blog Entries
    I use it because my machine (Viking) loves it and there's no lint. Never breaks.
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

Blog Entries
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE aurifil thread. For one thing, the weight (50) Is strong yet thin and when you press a seam it doesn't take up any space. I know that sounds snobbish, kinda picky, but my piecing has been so much more accurate since I started using aurifil. And I swear it's like the loaves and fishes story - I use it, leave the room, and there's more on the spool when I get back (okay, I know that's not true, but...) the larger spool just seems to never run out!

I use this thread and love it. I very seldom have any trouble with this thread and it is pretty much lint-free.
    Heather

Power Poster
    I tried some myself and I do like it. As others have said it's thin but strong. My Bernina loves it in the bobbin and on the spool. I have just used it for piecing so far. I think I will buy a few more colours and try it on FMQ next.

Extremely low lint, thin but strong, plus when you wind a bobbin you get a lot more thread on the bobbin so you don't have to change bobbins as often. And if you figure the cost per yard it's not any more expensive than some of the bargain brands.

Blog Entries
    Where is the best place to buy this thread?

Blog Entries
    I now understand too, "why arifil", when you say the bobbin holds more, I'm all in. I'll be trying this as soon as I can get some.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I have another thread question....I have an embroidery machine that I don't use much anymore...but I have LOTS of polyester ARC brand thread. Is that suitable to use for regular sewing? It seems pretty strong and I have about 300 colors!!!! I'd be interested in any opinions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Craft View Post
    Where is the best place to buy this thread?
    The last time I bought Aurifil I ordered from http://www.discountembroiderysupply.com/ but I have also ordered from http://www.redrockthreads.com/ and http://www.tristan.bc.ca/cart/home.php The Tristan site is in Canada so there can be extra costs.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast