Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Automatic threader >

Automatic threader

Automatic threader

Old 10-29-2011, 05:21 AM

I use both Pfaff and Bernina needle threaders. Needle in right position and pushing down on needle threader to be sure it's in position works for me.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:22 AM

Don't use mine.....easier to thread it the old fashioned way.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Connie Rae
How many of you actually use your automatic threader? I get the foot down, the thread up, hook it, pull it across push the lever-- and it won't thread! I have gone over the directions many times and usually end up threading it by hand. I was just curious. I must be doing something wrong!!
I have a Viking Diamond and love the threader. However, the very fine wire that hooks the thread can become bent or break if you try to push it against the needle instead of thru the needle eye. I have had mine threee years and I broke the wire a couple of weeks ago and have to replace that part. I do not want to be without the threader. I love it.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 AM

My Pfaffs works great.I haven't threaded a needle in forever!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 AM

Use mine constantly........sometimes that thin metal wire gets bent a bit and it will not catch and thread....you might consider taking the machine in and having that looked at....I would be lost without this feature.........
Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 AM

They are good to have, but mine cannot thread needles with tiny eyes, which is what I use most of the time. I was strongly encouraged to use it when I do machine embroidery, which seems like a good idea, as there are a lot of thread changes. However, my needle threader likes to shred the rayon thread, so I thread by hand and will continue to do so as long as I can see well close-up. If ever I cannot see well enough to do it, I will quit buying needles with small eyes in them and use the needle threader.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:41 AM

ALL THE TIME - at first I didn't get the hang of it and did it the old fashioned way, but I figured I paid so much for the machine, it's going to work!!! Practice was all I needed, hop it will work for you too. :)
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 AM

I use mine all the time and have never had a problem with it not threading the needle.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Connie Rae
How many of you actually use your automatic threader? I get the foot down, the thread up, hook it, pull it across push the lever-- and it won't thread! I have gone over the directions many times and usually end up threading it by hand. I was just curious. I must be doing something wrong!!
I would suspect the threader is out of alignment. I've done that to all of mine and consequently, I thread by hand, as well.
I just takes one time of hitting the foot with the needle --like when I try to zig-zag with my single stitch foot.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:56 AM

I can almost never get mine to work. After reading all of this, I'm going to try again. Maybe my needle is not all the way up. I'll read the directions again. With my eyes, it would be wonderful to be able to use the needle threader. Thanks for the suggestions!