Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baby Bibs

Baby Bibs

Has anyone made a quilt out of Baby Bibs? My DIL gave me a box full from her babies and some are gorgeous. I am thinking of making a quilt using baby bibs. My dilema is, do I just fold over the neck part or cut them off and stitch in place.
    Valleyquilter

I guess my answer would be.. depends on if u want to maintain that "bib" shape.... if you are more interested in the front of the bib, the saying or design on the front of the bib I would trim it off.
    I think I would personally lean towards an applique effect of the whole bib so show off that it truely WAS my babies bib.....

I would figure out the average size without cutting off any wording or pictures, and cut each bib to form a square or rectangular block, then sew them together with a sashing between. It might even look more unique if they were different sizes scatter them, then use 4 patches or some other block as filler to get them even. Can you post any pictures so we can see what they look like?

I would use some in the bib shape and cut some in squares....great idea to use them!!!!

Power Poster
    I think I would appliqué the bibs onto a rectangle of background fabric. Lay out the prettiest bibs and see what would suit them. If there are just enough appliqued onto rectangles for a quilt, then do that. If you have tons and want to use them al,l maybe cut them into square. The only problem I can see for cutting into squares is you are going the have to sew the squares together and they will be thick.

Many thanks for all the suggestions. As we are traveling this summer my bibs are at home in Texas. So once I get home I will be able to post a picture. Until then it will give me a chance to decide which way I want to go with the bibs.
    Valleyquilter

What a clever idea. I like the idea of appliqueing them. That will be a special quilt.
    Heather

can't wait to see it! Sounds very interesting...
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)