Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Bibs

Unhappy Baby Bibs

Hey Ladies, What's the best fabric for making Baby bibs? My 4 month old Grandson spits up alot, and I want to make extra bibs so we can keep him dry. Any sugestions would be great. Thanks Ladies
    Craftynana55

I make bibs with cotton and/or flannel. I quilt sandwich, cut the shape out, and then bind it. Sometimes I "birth" the bib and then quilt. The cotton batting between two layers of fabric keeps baby drier.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Blog Entries
    Hand towels bought on clearance. Several ways to do it, just Google baby bibs from hand towels. I buy them around the holidays; great designs for very little money. The ones I picked up after Easter had bunnies embroidered on the bottom of the towel. Worked perfectly as I end up cutting a few inches off the top so the big is not too long. The hand towels are very absorbent and last through several babies and toddlers.

I have used towels with a flannel back tablecloth backing that i find at the dollar store.That way it's kind of waterproof

I agree with the hand towels. I have made several of these with an embroidered design on the front. It's very easy to cut a hole in the towel for the neck and the back opening, add ribbing to the neck edge and velcro to the back. I'm sure there are directions on the web for them. My daughter loved them for her little one.
    Gloria 

There is a fabric called PLU that is waterproof but easy to sew through. I've seen it in Hobby Lobby and LQS. Should have added that you could back the bibs with this to prevent getting wet through
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Try these, they cover a big area and because they are made with towels, they wash up easy. Flannel does not absorb well if you make a regular bib, I would recommend cotton fabric or terrycloth.

http://www.parkerpiecekeepers.com/fr...m-members.html
    Chocolate is the Answer. Who cares what the question is.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Several ladies I know are using this. It makes up very nice and is very soft.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfP...www.google.com

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Great ideas. I suddenly know of a few blessings on the way.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Joann's sells pul in the babyville section by the buttons. Using that on the back with something absorbent on the front makes them waterproof.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast